“Impossible to sleep!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz San Diego

You added Andaz San Diego to your Saves list
Andaz San Diego
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 F Street, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #76 of 272 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Talala, Oklahoma
“Impossible to sleep!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is beautiful,the stafff very friendly & helpful. The location is wonderul. I loved everything about the hotel except it is nearly impossible to sleep on weekends when hundreds of people are partying on the roof. The music is so loud you can feel the bass rattling the bed. If you plan on being on the roof partying with the 20-something crowd until 2am and not sleeping, you will love it. I would love to stay there during the week again but would NEVER stay there on a weekend. During the week, when there wasn't the extremely loud music on the roof, I would rate it a 5. For the weekend, I rate it a 1.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Talalasp,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your well-rounded feedback to us. I regret that the ambiance of our weekend nightlife was not the experience you were hoping to encounter, but I am happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and the hotel beautiful. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz San Diego. I am sure your next experience will exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly so I help ensure your next visit is enjoyable.

Warm regards,
Rusty Middleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff were were very good,helpful and nothing was too much trouble.The hotel is modern and the rooms are very comfortable.It is situated in The Gaslight area which is very buzzy and safe at night,we walked everywhere.There are plenty of good restaurants at sensible prices,and if we go back to San Diego we would stay there again and would try Andaz at other locations.
Stu Fu London

Room Tip: If you are staying over the weekend ask for a quiet room.We were overlooking F Street and didn't...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Andaz Hotel (formerly Ivy Hotel) is a very beautiful boutique hotel right in the heart of the Gaslamp District in Downtown San Diego. It's a very modern and beautiful hotel with great rooms, and a great night club.

Here's one tip -- if you're traveling as a family, the this hotel isn't for you. It's a fun, upbeat, trendy hotel and is a bit busy and fast-paced. If you're into that, then you will absolutely love this hotel. But if you're traveling with young children, or if you want a really quiet and scenic hotel, then you probably won't be thrilled with the Andaz.

I live in San Diego, and have personally stayed here at least 20 times, and I absolutely love it, as do my friends. If you're in town to have a great time, don't look anywhere else, and stay at the Andaz!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Response:
Dear Mike E,

Thank your taking the time to write this informative recommendation of Andaz San Diego. I am excited to hear that you and your friends loved the property, atmosphere, location and that you visit often! We look forward to welcoming you many more times in the future!

All the best,
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Was impressed by the hotel, facilities & staff but our stay was ruined by the music played on the rooftop - it could be heard in our bedroom until 1am, the bass was so loud that the mini bar bottles on the shelves were rattling for hours!! Normally I would go and join the party but the next day I had a 20 hour journey back home!!

Just a little disappointed.......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wonderful to be home at the Andaz recently. Impeccable room, bar service that is second to none and the EXTRA-ordinary Andaz team is worth coming back again and again! Luxury, wonderful vibe, kind greeting from valet to check in to food service to check out. The Andaz team does it all...and most importantly they do it all EXTREMELY WELL!! Rusty Middleton; please tell your great team to take a bow, you have all done an amazing job! Please pass my appreciation, although not intentionally limited to: Karla, Sean, Jason, Ben, Todd, Brian, Doug, Michael, Rocio and Tim. Am eager to stay again just as soon as possible! Happy Thanksgiving and the best of holidays to you all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Cannot say enough good things about the hotel. Very modern and luxurious feel. Staff goes above and beyond. When we checked in the valet notice our golf clubs, asked where we were going to play and then took upon himself to print out directions and delivery them to the room. When we need a small conference room for a meeting, they had nothing available so they opened up the wine bar for us to have a place to work.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear hanglevst,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Andaz San Diego. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and that you were well accommodated during your stay. I trust you hit them straight on the course.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in San Diego!

Kind regards,
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

On a Whim I googled " Sexy Hotelsin San Diego" I wanted to surprise my wife with a little getaway. I booked the romance package which was promptly brough to our room by staff once we checked in. The delivery included Chocolate covered starwberries, Champagne and a "love kit" complete with a vibrating ring, condoms and 2 wonderful lubrication selections. The see through shower with the rain style shower heads were also amazing in many ways. The hotel staff was awesome and the breakfast was good. The beds were very comfy, nice amenities. Free Soda Pop and snacks from the mini bar with a nice selection of alcohol in your room as well. We will DEFINITELY stay again, in fact I think I will try and book another weekend now.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz San Diego? Share your experiences!