“Visit Ruined by Music” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz San Diego

You added Andaz San Diego to your Saves list
Andaz San Diego
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 F Street, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #78 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Visit Ruined by Music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Was impressed by the hotel, facilities & staff but our stay was ruined by the music played on the rooftop - it could be heard in our bedroom until 1am, the bass was so loud that the mini bar bottles on the shelves were rattling for hours!! Normally I would go and join the party but the next day I had a 20 hour journey back home!!

Just a little disappointed.......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wonderful to be home at the Andaz recently. Impeccable room, bar service that is second to none and the EXTRA-ordinary Andaz team is worth coming back again and again! Luxury, wonderful vibe, kind greeting from valet to check in to food service to check out. The Andaz team does it all...and most importantly they do it all EXTREMELY WELL!! Rusty Middleton; please tell your great team to take a bow, you have all done an amazing job! Please pass my appreciation, although not intentionally limited to: Karla, Sean, Jason, Ben, Todd, Brian, Doug, Michael, Rocio and Tim. Am eager to stay again just as soon as possible! Happy Thanksgiving and the best of holidays to you all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Cannot say enough good things about the hotel. Very modern and luxurious feel. Staff goes above and beyond. When we checked in the valet notice our golf clubs, asked where we were going to play and then took upon himself to print out directions and delivery them to the room. When we need a small conference room for a meeting, they had nothing available so they opened up the wine bar for us to have a place to work.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear hanglevst,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Andaz San Diego. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and that you were well accommodated during your stay. I trust you hit them straight on the course.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in San Diego!

Kind regards,
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

On a Whim I googled " Sexy Hotelsin San Diego" I wanted to surprise my wife with a little getaway. I booked the romance package which was promptly brough to our room by staff once we checked in. The delivery included Chocolate covered starwberries, Champagne and a "love kit" complete with a vibrating ring, condoms and 2 wonderful lubrication selections. The see through shower with the rain style shower heads were also amazing in many ways. The hotel staff was awesome and the breakfast was good. The beds were very comfy, nice amenities. Free Soda Pop and snacks from the mini bar with a nice selection of alcohol in your room as well. We will DEFINITELY stay again, in fact I think I will try and book another weekend now.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am not a fan of the W Hotels and try to avoid them. When Hyatt introduced this part of their hotel lineup to compete with the W I was worried it would suffer the same problems but in fact they do not.
The rooms were nice but a bit compact but the bathroom is large. I love the combo of the handheld and rain shower. Decent soap products as well. Internet was fast and the bed was very comfortable. What I also liked is that the hotel provides FREE juices and bottled water in the room - unlike the W which charges a fortune for both. Nicely done Andaz.
The gym is fine and the equipment in good shop. The roof top is wonderful with nice views and a great bar location. I had breakfast on the roof and the eggs benedict was excellent and home made.
My only negative is that I was given a room on the street side which picked up all the noise from below.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the street due to noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visit here very often for business. The customer service is impeccable! The staff on the rooftop (ask for Ari, Will, or Brandon) is excellent and the hosts try to accommodate you the best way they can. I love how they give you freebies: chips, granola bars, sodas, bottled waters, and juices. You know how hard it is to get anything free from a hotel?! Then they restock it without you even asking! Not to diss another Hyatt, but I stayed a category 6 resort hotel close to the area and we didn't get any snacks or drinks for free. One time I left my credit card in the hotel and I returned 3 days and they returned it. That was truly a blessing. The housekeeping staff anywhere else.... The downside: this is a pricey hotel. Also, certain rooms are noisy because of their location to the Andaz parties on Thursdays. The queen rooms are kind of tight too. This is my favorite hotel and opt to stay here every time I'm in San Diego.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Sassy Libra,

Thank you for this great review of Andaz San Diego! It is our goal at Andaz to provide an engaging, stylish, and uncomplicated experience for each of our guests and I am happy to hear that you enjoy the ambiance and our service. I will also share your comments with our team on the Roof. The complimentary amenities are just an extra way that we like to make our guests feel at home. I’m glad you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

What a great hotel in the Gas-lamp district. Sort of reminded me of the W Hotels in style but without the snobbery. I never did get my daily paper despite even reminding them but that was a small quibble in an overall excellently managed hotel. Excellent staff, wonderful room and the rooftop looked great but being a biz trip I didn't get to indulge. I'll come back here on a non conference trip with the wife for sure. Superb little hotel.

Room Tip: You have to remind them to bring your paper each day...I never got mine. Lower rooms are noisy if w...
Dear Marklaing,

Thank you for your nice review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property during your conference and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. I'm sorry about the newspaper issue. We are excited to welcome you back to Andaz San Diego for a non-work related trip and hope that you get the opportunity to indulge in all that our hotel has to offer!

Warm regards,
Rusty Middleton

Been to Andaz San Diego? Share your experiences!