“Last minute Romantic Getawat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz San Diego

Save Saved
You added Andaz San Diego to your Saves list
Andaz San Diego
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 F Street, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #74 of 269 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Murrieta, California
“Last minute Romantic Getawat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

On a Whim I googled " Sexy Hotelsin San Diego" I wanted to surprise my wife with a little getaway. I booked the romance package which was promptly brough to our room by staff once we checked in. The delivery included Chocolate covered starwberries, Champagne and a "love kit" complete with a vibrating ring, condoms and 2 wonderful lubrication selections. The see through shower with the rain style shower heads were also amazing in many ways. The hotel staff was awesome and the breakfast was good. The beds were very comfy, nice amenities. Free Soda Pop and snacks from the mini bar with a nice selection of alcohol in your room as well. We will DEFINITELY stay again, in fact I think I will try and book another weekend now.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

748 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am not a fan of the W Hotels and try to avoid them. When Hyatt introduced this part of their hotel lineup to compete with the W I was worried it would suffer the same problems but in fact they do not.
The rooms were nice but a bit compact but the bathroom is large. I love the combo of the handheld and rain shower. Decent soap products as well. Internet was fast and the bed was very comfortable. What I also liked is that the hotel provides FREE juices and bottled water in the room - unlike the W which charges a fortune for both. Nicely done Andaz.
The gym is fine and the equipment in good shop. The roof top is wonderful with nice views and a great bar location. I had breakfast on the roof and the eggs benedict was excellent and home made.
My only negative is that I was given a room on the street side which picked up all the noise from below.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the street due to noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visit here very often for business. The customer service is impeccable! The staff on the rooftop (ask for Ari, Will, or Brandon) is excellent and the hosts try to accommodate you the best way they can. I love how they give you freebies: chips, granola bars, sodas, bottled waters, and juices. You know how hard it is to get anything free from a hotel?! Then they restock it without you even asking! Not to diss another Hyatt, but I stayed a category 6 resort hotel close to the area and we didn't get any snacks or drinks for free. One time I left my credit card in the hotel and I returned 3 days and they returned it. That was truly a blessing. The housekeeping staff anywhere else.... The downside: this is a pricey hotel. Also, certain rooms are noisy because of their location to the Andaz parties on Thursdays. The queen rooms are kind of tight too. This is my favorite hotel and opt to stay here every time I'm in San Diego.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Sassy Libra,

Thank you for this great review of Andaz San Diego! It is our goal at Andaz to provide an engaging, stylish, and uncomplicated experience for each of our guests and I am happy to hear that you enjoy the ambiance and our service. I will also share your comments with our team on the Roof. The complimentary amenities are just an extra way that we like to make our guests feel at home. I’m glad you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

What a great hotel in the Gas-lamp district. Sort of reminded me of the W Hotels in style but without the snobbery. I never did get my daily paper despite even reminding them but that was a small quibble in an overall excellently managed hotel. Excellent staff, wonderful room and the rooftop looked great but being a biz trip I didn't get to indulge. I'll come back here on a non conference trip with the wife for sure. Superb little hotel.

Room Tip: You have to remind them to bring your paper each day...I never got mine. Lower rooms are noisy if w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marklaing,

Thank you for your nice review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property during your conference and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. I'm sorry about the newspaper issue. We are excited to welcome you back to Andaz San Diego for a non-work related trip and hope that you get the opportunity to indulge in all that our hotel has to offer!

Warm regards,
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Visited Andaz for Business, Great Loations in the Gaslamp District. Lots of action, restaurants, nightclubs, Bars. Not far from the Ocean. Clean rooms. Staff very accomidating. Pool on Roof was great, wonderful views. Good place to relax or have a drink at night before dinner.
Food at restaurant was great, lots of variety. Most everything is within walking distance, but hotel does provide car service. If you are planning a late night out, be sure and take the hotel number and give them a call. They were great about pick up service. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear breck f,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at Andaz San Diego. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The location of our property and the views from our rooftop allow our guests to experience San Diego culture at its best. I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of these perks.

Thank you again. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in San Diego!

Kind regards,
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Though a little pricy for what you get, this is one of the nicer boutiquish/design-ey hotels we've stayed in, certainly the nicest in San Diego (with the possible exception of the Palomar). We were only there for a night so didn't have an opportunity to try the restaurant or bar, but they were both obviously extremely popular. Room service food was excellent though overpriced (even for a hotel). One quirk about the Andaz: they check you in with iPads and the effect was less the "oooh, I'm getting individual service" and more "where is the check in desk and where is the queue?". A very minor complaint, though. We liked the hotel enough that we joined the points program and are looking forward to returning on a subsequent San Diego sojourn.

Room Tip: Bar can be loud, so higher floors are good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Andaz this past weekend for a little Staycation! The hotel is beautiful! It is in the Heart of the Gaslamp! Walking distance to everything! The staff were very nice and professional! The roof top pool has great views! The rooms are amazing with a great 2 person shower in the middle of the room! Very comfy bed! Overall it was a great getaway!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz San Diego? Share your experiences!