“The best hotel I've ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz San Diego

You added Andaz San Diego to your Saves list
Andaz San Diego
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 F Street, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #77 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh
“The best hotel I've ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visit here very often for business. The customer service is impeccable! The staff on the rooftop (ask for Ari, Will, or Brandon) is excellent and the hosts try to accommodate you the best way they can. I love how they give you freebies: chips, granola bars, sodas, bottled waters, and juices. You know how hard it is to get anything free from a hotel?! Then they restock it without you even asking! Not to diss another Hyatt, but I stayed a category 6 resort hotel close to the area and we didn't get any snacks or drinks for free. One time I left my credit card in the hotel and I returned 3 days and they returned it. That was truly a blessing. The housekeeping staff anywhere else.... The downside: this is a pricey hotel. Also, certain rooms are noisy because of their location to the Andaz parties on Thursdays. The queen rooms are kind of tight too. This is my favorite hotel and opt to stay here every time I'm in San Diego.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Sassy Libra,

Thank you for this great review of Andaz San Diego! It is our goal at Andaz to provide an engaging, stylish, and uncomplicated experience for each of our guests and I am happy to hear that you enjoy the ambiance and our service. I will also share your comments with our team on the Roof. The complimentary amenities are just an extra way that we like to make our guests feel at home. I’m glad you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Best regards,
Rusty Middleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

What a great hotel in the Gas-lamp district. Sort of reminded me of the W Hotels in style but without the snobbery. I never did get my daily paper despite even reminding them but that was a small quibble in an overall excellently managed hotel. Excellent staff, wonderful room and the rooftop looked great but being a biz trip I didn't get to indulge. I'll come back here on a non conference trip with the wife for sure. Superb little hotel.

Room Tip: You have to remind them to bring your paper each day...I never got mine. Lower rooms are noisy if w...
Dear Marklaing,

Thank you for your nice review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property during your conference and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. I'm sorry about the newspaper issue. We are excited to welcome you back to Andaz San Diego for a non-work related trip and hope that you get the opportunity to indulge in all that our hotel has to offer!

Warm regards,
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Visited Andaz for Business, Great Loations in the Gaslamp District. Lots of action, restaurants, nightclubs, Bars. Not far from the Ocean. Clean rooms. Staff very accomidating. Pool on Roof was great, wonderful views. Good place to relax or have a drink at night before dinner.
Food at restaurant was great, lots of variety. Most everything is within walking distance, but hotel does provide car service. If you are planning a late night out, be sure and take the hotel number and give them a call. They were great about pick up service. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear breck f,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at Andaz San Diego. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The location of our property and the views from our rooftop allow our guests to experience San Diego culture at its best. I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of these perks.

Thank you again. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in San Diego!

Kind regards,
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Though a little pricy for what you get, this is one of the nicer boutiquish/design-ey hotels we've stayed in, certainly the nicest in San Diego (with the possible exception of the Palomar). We were only there for a night so didn't have an opportunity to try the restaurant or bar, but they were both obviously extremely popular. Room service food was excellent though overpriced (even for a hotel). One quirk about the Andaz: they check you in with iPads and the effect was less the "oooh, I'm getting individual service" and more "where is the check in desk and where is the queue?". A very minor complaint, though. We liked the hotel enough that we joined the points program and are looking forward to returning on a subsequent San Diego sojourn.

Room Tip: Bar can be loud, so higher floors are good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Andaz this past weekend for a little Staycation! The hotel is beautiful! It is in the Heart of the Gaslamp! Walking distance to everything! The staff were very nice and professional! The roof top pool has great views! The rooms are amazing with a great 2 person shower in the middle of the room! Very comfy bed! Overall it was a great getaway!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon and loved it!! The roof top is amazing. They also took us where ever we needed to go downtown so we didnt have to worry about parking! Will definitely stay here again next time we are in San Diego! Loved everything about it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rusty_Middleton, General Manager at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Rachel M,

I am thrilled that you celebrated your honeymoon at Andaz San Diego and that you loved your experience! I am happy to hear that you used the complimentary escalade service that we provide. We enjoy the opportunity to give our guests special treatment and I’m happy that we were able to add this personal touch to your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

All my best,
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Andaz as part of a conference that he was attending. Our room was spacious and importantly, unique. No cookie cutter blank spaces here! Free wifi, in-room snacks. Highlights included the rooftop. It seems like this is where we spent the most time - breakfast, pool, thursday night. Amazing views of the city and attentive staff! Connectivity to the Gas Lamp District was ideal. Oh and the hotel smells good - again, it's the little things. I always had plenty of towels, bottles of water on the nightstand at turndown and freindly staff make this an ideal option for business and leisure travel. This is a special hotel in a great city - not to miss!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Andaz San Diego? Share your experiences!