“Delightful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Holiday House Bed & Breakfast
3330 Ingelow Street, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Ranked #14 of 40 San Diego B&B and Inns
colorado springs co
“Delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We spent 4 nights in the Captains Quarters, a very large king bedroom with a high wood ceiling, TV, closet, lounge area, balcony and huge master bathroom complete with jacuzzi tub. The bedding was very comfortable, and the bathroom was well stocked with the exception of a kleenex box. Other members of our group stayed in the queen room/ twin bedroom suite. That is a great value for a family. Breakfasts were hearty, and were served on her schedule, usually around 8:45-9am. I had informed the owner of my gluten-free diet prior to arriving, and she accomodated me very nicely. If you want a specific time to eat you need to ask for it ahead of time. Loved the Point Loma location, bay views, and quaint decor. We did not use the pool or outdoor jacuzzi but they looked inviting. My only negative is that the door to our room did not lock, and since there are 2 other roooms in the B&B I think that is a must (that is why I gave it a Very Good rating instead of Excellent). We enjoyed our stay and the owner's hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Beautiful place. the food was delicious. The view wonderful.

I highly recommend for older couples or a family with older kids, but not toddlers.

The hostess was constantly stressed about our 3 year old. We understand the safety issues around the pool and the unsafe deck, but just him running around being a happy kid? She always had a scowl on her face when the kids were being kids.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

If you are looking for a "Hotel" bed and breakfast this is not it. If you are looking for a B & B that makes you feel like a true welcome guest, this is your place. Yes this has stunning views of the city, yes the accomodations are very nice (we stayed in the Captain's Quarters which was very large with huge beautiful private bath) but what makes this place special is Glory, the owner. Not only did she cook a wonderful breakfast every day, but also joined us for breakfast which makes you feel like a true guest. She offered great recommendations for sites and dinner locations, was a treat to be around and when she was called away for a day, her friend John covered for her and was equally enjoyable and helpful, though I'm afraid he doesn't have her knack in the kitchen!! They were wonderful hosts and not overpowering but there whenever you needed. Great place to stay

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Gabriel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

From the moment we got there, we knew that this was the right choice for our B&B destination. Everything was just perfect. Glory is such a gracious host and a wonderful lady. She made us feel right at home and knew exactly when to give us space. Our room was spotless and the views were fabulous. The breakfast in the morning was to die for and I even asked for the recipe (which I never do). Glory had no problem making a copy of the recipe for me and even told me her ways to make it better. Overall, our experience at the HH was just perfect. We will be back ASAP, and I highly recommend that you choose this B&B for your next visit. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Glory for such a wonderful time!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I loved this place. We had to be in the area on business and wanted a place to relax that also had a view. We definitely got both! And Glory is delightful. We hope to return and stay longer next time. She is a great cook, very personable and fun. Much better than a hotel!

Room Tip: We had the corner room with a great view ~ The Skipper's State Room ~ had our own bathroom, sitt...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Glory has a great home! It has wonderful views of San Diego, the bay, and North Island/Coronado and beyond to Mexico! The great Room is very comfortable and cozy-warm with it's T&G redwood ceiling. The Pool and spa on one side of the room, San Diego on the other. Glory is a great cook with always something different each morning... makes staying there fun!
This was my wife's first visit to HHB&B and she was very taken with it. She was there 2 nights and I was there 3 nights, but this was my second visit. During my first visit 2 years ago Glory allowed me and my band to practice for our gig @ the Kona Kai in her great room. That practice took place in the afternoon with the approval of her other guests (and neighbors). Now, I ask you, what other Bed and Breakfast would allow a 60's Rock 'n' Roll band to practice there? Not too many, I can assure you!
We were there this trip because the band had another gig in San Diego on Sept 17th at the SDYC.
My wife and I stayed in the "Skipper's Room" which has a great wrap around view, especially at night with all the lights of San Diego... very romantic!
On our next visit to San Diego, we will be staying there again! Love Glory and her lovely home! She is a wonderful hostess and cook, with wonderful stories to tell! Staying with Glory at the Holiday House Bed and Breakfast is like coming home!

Room Tip: Any one of the rooms are perfect. There are 3 main bedrooms, but with the "Skippers Room"...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed four nights at this Holiday House Bed and Breakfast, and we couldn't have been more pleased with our choice to lodge here for this, our first visit to the San Diego area.

We stayed in the Starboard room, which was plenty spacious for the two of us, and quite clean & comfortable in every respect. This room included a private entrance, a private bath, a welcome private office area, a spacious walk-in closet with plenty of shelves & clothes hangers, a small, quiet refrigerator that worked just as it should, a wall-mounted TV that proved just the right size for the room, two very comfortable reading/lounging chairs, and a plush and oh-so-comfortable bed.

Our access to the expansive and welcoming Great Room of this B&B was up a short flight of interior stairs. I was beguiled by this wonderful and eye-catching commons area with its warm and visually striking wood plank ceiling, its supply of comfortable couches and lounge chairs, and most of all, its windows! On one side, a lengthy wall of floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the bay across to the skyline of downtown San Diego, and on the opposite side, another wall of floor-to-ceiling windows looking out upon the large pool and jacuzzi area. I only regret that my schedule while in and around San Diego kept me from being able to spend more time enjoying the comfort and leisure of this Great Room, as well as the day-and-night visual feast of the bay and city that this unique, enticing room affords.

And though we remained rather busy during our trip to this region (grateful to have that parking-level private entrance for ease of coming and going), we did find time one evening to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi, which were both welcome and wonderful.

The breakfasts comprised one of the most notable highlights. In a word: delicious! Each morning started with a bowl of fresh fruit (the mangoes: pure heaven!), then proceeded to a different, scrumptious full-course breakfast each morning. Glory is truly a skillful, even artful breakfast chef.

We found the location of this B&B to be perfect for our needs...quick access to the interstates, the airport, and the many attractions found in & near San Diego, just 10 min. to get up to the fine vistas found at Cabrillo Nat'l. Mon., and only 5 to 10 minutes to hop over the ridge to the beautiful Pacific coast itself.

Glory herself proved a generous, informative, and caring host. Throughout our entire stay she remained warm and welcoming, quick and attentive to our questions, accommodating of our occasional requests, and quiet and unobtrusive during those times when we desired to retire to our room.

I confess I can't quite fathom the rather negative review recently posted on this website regarding this B&B. It seems some travelers carry along with themselves more than one kind of baggage.

Our view? Simply, in sum: Glory's Holiday House B&B certainly merits our highest personal recommendation. We're really looking forward to staying there again during our next visit.

Room Tip: Though the Starboard room apparently is the smallest of those available, it still seemed quite spaci...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!