“Wonderful Experience at Holiday House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Holiday House Bed & Breakfast
3330 Ingelow Street, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Ranked #15 of 40 San Diego B&B and Inns
San Gabriel, California
“Wonderful Experience at Holiday House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

From the moment we got there, we knew that this was the right choice for our B&B destination. Everything was just perfect. Glory is such a gracious host and a wonderful lady. She made us feel right at home and knew exactly when to give us space. Our room was spotless and the views were fabulous. The breakfast in the morning was to die for and I even asked for the recipe (which I never do). Glory had no problem making a copy of the recipe for me and even told me her ways to make it better. Overall, our experience at the HH was just perfect. We will be back ASAP, and I highly recommend that you choose this B&B for your next visit. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Glory for such a wonderful time!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I loved this place. We had to be in the area on business and wanted a place to relax that also had a view. We definitely got both! And Glory is delightful. We hope to return and stay longer next time. She is a great cook, very personable and fun. Much better than a hotel!

Room Tip: We had the corner room with a great view ~ The Skipper's State Room ~ had our own bathroom, sitt...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Glory has a great home! It has wonderful views of San Diego, the bay, and North Island/Coronado and beyond to Mexico! The great Room is very comfortable and cozy-warm with it's T&G redwood ceiling. The Pool and spa on one side of the room, San Diego on the other. Glory is a great cook with always something different each morning... makes staying there fun!
This was my wife's first visit to HHB&B and she was very taken with it. She was there 2 nights and I was there 3 nights, but this was my second visit. During my first visit 2 years ago Glory allowed me and my band to practice for our gig @ the Kona Kai in her great room. That practice took place in the afternoon with the approval of her other guests (and neighbors). Now, I ask you, what other Bed and Breakfast would allow a 60's Rock 'n' Roll band to practice there? Not too many, I can assure you!
We were there this trip because the band had another gig in San Diego on Sept 17th at the SDYC.
My wife and I stayed in the "Skipper's Room" which has a great wrap around view, especially at night with all the lights of San Diego... very romantic!
On our next visit to San Diego, we will be staying there again! Love Glory and her lovely home! She is a wonderful hostess and cook, with wonderful stories to tell! Staying with Glory at the Holiday House Bed and Breakfast is like coming home!

Room Tip: Any one of the rooms are perfect. There are 3 main bedrooms, but with the "Skippers Room"...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed four nights at this Holiday House Bed and Breakfast, and we couldn't have been more pleased with our choice to lodge here for this, our first visit to the San Diego area.

We stayed in the Starboard room, which was plenty spacious for the two of us, and quite clean & comfortable in every respect. This room included a private entrance, a private bath, a welcome private office area, a spacious walk-in closet with plenty of shelves & clothes hangers, a small, quiet refrigerator that worked just as it should, a wall-mounted TV that proved just the right size for the room, two very comfortable reading/lounging chairs, and a plush and oh-so-comfortable bed.

Our access to the expansive and welcoming Great Room of this B&B was up a short flight of interior stairs. I was beguiled by this wonderful and eye-catching commons area with its warm and visually striking wood plank ceiling, its supply of comfortable couches and lounge chairs, and most of all, its windows! On one side, a lengthy wall of floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the bay across to the skyline of downtown San Diego, and on the opposite side, another wall of floor-to-ceiling windows looking out upon the large pool and jacuzzi area. I only regret that my schedule while in and around San Diego kept me from being able to spend more time enjoying the comfort and leisure of this Great Room, as well as the day-and-night visual feast of the bay and city that this unique, enticing room affords.

And though we remained rather busy during our trip to this region (grateful to have that parking-level private entrance for ease of coming and going), we did find time one evening to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi, which were both welcome and wonderful.

The breakfasts comprised one of the most notable highlights. In a word: delicious! Each morning started with a bowl of fresh fruit (the mangoes: pure heaven!), then proceeded to a different, scrumptious full-course breakfast each morning. Glory is truly a skillful, even artful breakfast chef.

We found the location of this B&B to be perfect for our needs...quick access to the interstates, the airport, and the many attractions found in & near San Diego, just 10 min. to get up to the fine vistas found at Cabrillo Nat'l. Mon., and only 5 to 10 minutes to hop over the ridge to the beautiful Pacific coast itself.

Glory herself proved a generous, informative, and caring host. Throughout our entire stay she remained warm and welcoming, quick and attentive to our questions, accommodating of our occasional requests, and quiet and unobtrusive during those times when we desired to retire to our room.

I confess I can't quite fathom the rather negative review recently posted on this website regarding this B&B. It seems some travelers carry along with themselves more than one kind of baggage.

Our view? Simply, in sum: Glory's Holiday House B&B certainly merits our highest personal recommendation. We're really looking forward to staying there again during our next visit.

Room Tip: Though the Starboard room apparently is the smallest of those available, it still seemed quite spaci...
L:os Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We just returned from a weekend at Glory's Holiday House and B@B, our third visit in as many months. Her House is a lovely, informal California Contemporary Ranch House with fabulous views of San Diego. Our Captain's Quarters room was spacious and very comfortable and quiet. There is plenty of "common " space to relax in or talk to fellow travelers, or you can indulge in a private terrace off the room for privacy and relaxation. Although we did not take advantage of it, there is an attractive heated pool and plant filled patio to enjoy. Glory's breakfasts proved very ample and tasty, so much so that we couldn't eat lunch. And above all, Glory is a most energetic, knowledgeable and delightful hostess who very much enjoys her guests.

Roberta and Kenneth September 27, 2011

Room Tip: Captains Quarters is very spacious with adequate amenities. Bathroom- huge with every luxury.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wheaton, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

After reading the reviews on Holiday House, I am somewhat stunned.....this is not the Glory that was shown to us. We are a well-traveled couple and have stayed at many B&B’s but never came across any that did not ask our preference for breakfast. We were told upon arrival that the morning meal was between 8:30 and 10. In our minds, that meant whenever we arrived during that time span, we would let Glory know what we would enjoy having....that was not the case. We were told she was making a rather heavy meal and when informing her we enjoyed eggs, toast or cereal said she does not do “short order cooking” in a rather unprofessional manner. Not only was her behavior in bad taste but this was done in front of other guests. After the first day, we had our breakfasts out. Having said all this, I must bring the reader's attention to her website where it states that Special Meals are Available...lo-fat, retricted and vegetarian.

While the Captain’s Quarters were spacious, they lacked some necessary details. The refrigerator did not work, the sliding closet doors were off the runners, the sliding glass doors to the outside had a large hole in the screen, the soap in the bathroom consisted of a small seashell decorator soap which was to accommodate two adults for 6 days. When we asked for something more adequate were told people steal the bars but she relented and gave us one (1). Trash baskets were not emptied every day. The TV was much too small for the size of the room to the point of not being able to read the print. And most importantly, our room did not have locks on the doors. Also, the acoustics were not the best as we were next to the lounging area and kitchen...if we heard them loud and clear, they could hear us.....no privacy.

The service and amenities were not commensurate with the price of the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Holiday House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
While I make every effort to help my guests feel welcome, this couple was not receptive from the moment they arrived. The woman came to the entry complaining about everything: the airline flight, the rental car agency and having to walk up the short hill to the B&B entrance. Even after I directed her husband park on the upper driveway, near the entrance, she continued to complain.

Another Guest who was sitting in the Great Room, overheard all of this and whispered "you've got trouble."

Upon check-in, I always ask guests if they drink coffee or tea and what variety, and if there are foods they cannot eat. They both responded that they ate everything. Imagine my surprise the next morning as I was preparing fruit plates for all 6 of my guests along with "Lemon-blueberry Ricotta Pancakes" that "she" announced she didn't eat fresh fruit or pancakes. She asked for an egg and wheat toast. The egg was no problem but I wan't sure I had "wheat toast" and said so. Fortunately I did. The husband had the pancakes and fruit and said he enjoyed both.

The next morning they came out to the dining area at 8:30 AM and announced they were not going to be eating breakfast. I said I wished I had known earlier so that I wouldn't have prepared so much food. Their answer was "since I had said breakfast was between 8:30 & 10:00, they could place their order anytime during that time period. That is when I said "I do not do short order cooking" and I explained why I could not keep such a wide variety of food on hand to do so. They opted to have breakfast elswhere the rest of their trip.

Yes, I do provide special meals,when I know in advance and have the correct ingredients on hand.

The refrigerator is new, works fine but had become unplugged: I told them that but got a negative response. The closet doors are fine. The hole in the screen had just happened. I NEVER said people steal the bars of soap! Besides the small decorator bars, I provide liquid handsoap and body wash as most of my guests rarely use bar soap. I did forget to empty the trash baskets every day. The TV is small. The only room that has a lock is the Starboard Room. Locks were removed after a child locked himself in. Privacy is never a problem here.

The last comment surprised me. Interesting, when I gave the husband the bill, he remarked that it was very reasonable.
Woodstock, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The view from Holiday House B&B is gorgeous. The location provides easy access to all points of interest. We loved our room, the Captain's Quarters. It was very spacious and very comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious and so substantial that we never had to eat lunch.
Glory provided a very casual and comfortable enviornment which made us feel very much at home. I would certainly recommend this B&B.
Jane and George K.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!