“Best Beachfront Hotel in San Diego” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tower23 Hotel

You added Tower23 Hotel to your Saves list
Tower23 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4551 Ocean Boulevard, Between Felspar St. & Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Tower23 Hat
Ranked #13 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Best Beachfront Hotel in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I recently spoiled ourselves with a night at Tower 23. We live in San Diego and have been to Tower 23 before for dinner and drinks but recently stayed the night and WOW was it worth it! The location is the best in San Diego - one of the few nice hotels on the beach. We also love the modern luxury design. Gorgeous view of the ocean and perfect for a stroll on the beach or an afternoon surfing. I would recommend an upgrade to a view room if possible! We had excellent service from all the staff. My favorite aspects of the room were the bed and the bathtub (loved the bath soaps & shampoos too). Also loved walking right out on the deck in the morning. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant JDRN and were really impressed with our dinner. Again excellent service and food! I had the scallops and my husband had the ribeye both were cooked perfectly and delicious. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to any family or friends looking for a luxury getaway in San Diego.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

As a solo traveler, the quality of a hotel is very important to me. This is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location, the Pacific Beach area of San Diego. This is what you think old California must have been like. I expected to see the Beach Boys at any time. Great sunsets, beautiful beach and lots of surfers. The hotel is well managed, the staff was exceptional and the vibe is very laid back. I was comfortable and felt secure at all times. The room was upscale beach house, furnished very nicely with a small bathroom and a great tub.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Temecula, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We stayed in the "Sanctuary Suite," which was expensive, but fantastic. The room is huge, the jacuzzi in the room is deep and fills from a stream of water that comes out of the ceiling. They really went out of their way to send guys up to bring a DVD player that would work so I could play a slideshow I'd put together for my husband as a surprise (the Xbox they'd put in the room for me wouldn't play it).

The ocean view is beautiful, and the restaurant downstairs is exceptional! The only negative is that for a while we could hear a crying baby next door. Otherwise a perfect romantic getaway.

LOVE the sundeck with big couches, where we drank our own wine (saving $), and hung out in the sun in the afternoon.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Great customer service at front desk and throughout the Hotel. Elizabeth H. went above and beyond providing information on their killer lights. Loved our oceanfront room and Oysters at the bar. We will be returning next year and look forward to it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I am a frequent traveler both for business and pleasure and the ocean front room at Tower 23 was one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in. I frequently stay at the Ritz Carlton and the Four Seasons so my standards and expectations are very high and I have to say that this hotel blew me away. First off, the ocean front rooms are only about 50 feet from the beach with direct views of the ocean with a front row seat to spectacular sunsets every night. The rooms have balconies that allow you to sip a nice glass of wine, read a magazine, and be treated to one of the best hotel views I have ever experienced.
The decor of the room is fantastic too. It's modern, clean and stocked with a great mini bar, flat screen t.v. high end bath products, and a very comfortable bed. The hotel itself is small and there's no pool, but there is a super nice deck with lounge chairs, comfy sofas, fountains, and a fire pit. The restaurant and bar serve great food and the room service was divine: ahi tuna, grilled octopus, and oysters. This hotel is an absolute gem. I'd stay here again in a second.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We were on a big US road trip and went to PB in SD for sone 'down-time'. Unfortunately, despite it being September, we got rubbsh weather so being at this hotel was great. T23 is the best hotel in the PB area I'm sure of that. The restaurant is good - they do 1/2 price bottles of wine on a Tuesday which is worth taking advantage of -- and the rooms are so comfy. The beds are ridiculously comfortable. There is no pool - but you have the sea at arms length if you re feeling ballsy!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We just left Tower 23 this morning. We had a wonderful time on the beach and were looking forward to our 1st stay at the hotel. Check-in was great. We arrived early and they held our bags and called us when our room was available. We were in a Surf Pad on the 3rd floor rm. 321. Room was nice, but much of our view was obstructed with a palm tree. We were never able to get the internet to work, called the front desk, said they would look into the problem, but never did. Also called to see if they could send up a small mirror and was told she would try to locate one, again no phone call. Made reservations for JRDN to sit on the patio. When we arrived we were told that it would not be possible because they had large parties out there already. Just not what I expected from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
T23Manager, Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are always striving to improve our relationship with our guests and your feedback is invaluable. I sincerely apologize that your concerns were not handled in a more timely manner.

Been to Tower23 Hotel? Share your experiences!