“Nicely located Tower 23” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tower23 Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tower23 Hotel to your Saves list
Tower23 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4551 Ocean Boulevard, Between Felspar St. & Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Tower23 Hat
Ranked #12 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
“Nicely located Tower 23”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is nicely located if you want to be right on the water (Pacific Beach), close to a scenic pier for fishing and right on the boardwalk to people watching. Walked just steps out of our hotel to get a morning walk on the beach. The food in the restaurant was very good and the bar/restaurant was extremely vibrant at night when it was filled with people in their 20's and 30's. They advertise their great beds, and our bed was good. We had a partial ocean view from our balcony, which meant we had to angle our chairs a bit to look at it. Great 2nd floor terrace with plenty of seating for about 20 people - all facing the ocean-and there's bar service for the terrace.
Only strange thing to me was that the sliding frosted door to the bathroom did not actually cover the door opening, so there's about a one-inch gap allowing for less privacy than some people might want.

Room Tip: Would not have wanted to get a room right on the second floor terrace because the terrace was often...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Tower 23 is the perfect place to stay in Pacific Beach. We enjoyed the restaurant and bar and of course the open fire pit on the terrace from where we watched the sun set every evening. The rooms were very modern and clean. Surf lessons and delicious fish tacos within walking distance. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Tower 23 a couple weeks ago and had a wonderful time. The hotel was in the middle of where we wanted to be and the access to the ocean and the boardwalk was super.

Room was clean, comfortable and reasonable. We brought our bikes with us, but they have bikes at the hotel that are complimentary of you are staying there.

Only thing I would say was that the hot water took a little bit to get to the 3rd floor, but once it did, it was fine.

Nice staff. very modern feel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights and best 2 nights of my trip by far. Definitely, didn't want to leave. Very friendly staff. Great, spacious and modern room with an amazing view of the ocean - we had a Sky Pad. The restaurant downstairs JRDN had amazing food and service. Loved our stay and wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

All I have to say is WOW!!! The concierge Jackie was great!! She literally saved mine and my families whole vacation. When we first met Jackie we were asking for referrals for restaurants and sites to see. Well needless to say we seen all of the sites but first after losing my backpack with all types of cash and valuables in it. We got back to our hotel and were heading to our room Jackie noticed I was upset and she came right up to me and was interested in helping me any way. Well I explained how I had lost my back pack and she told me she would continue to search for it until she found it. I thought she was just being nice but then she picked up her cell phone and called every restaurant and site we had visited and most were just looking in their managers office and not really helping. So then Jackie called some of her friends that she knew in the area and had them actually go searching. After about 2 hours one of her friends had found the back pack under a table in the restaurant we had been eating at. Needless to say everything was still there even the large amount of cash I had inside!! I must say if you are looking for a concierge that will not only give you great places to eat and see, along with personal support when you are in need! Look no further!! This girl is the best!!! Thank you Tower 23 for having such a wonderful person at your establishment!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Tower 23 for a week as an easy get away from the summer heat of AZ. Location is fantastic - right on the boardwalk and close to a lot of bars and restaurants. We brought our bikes but they have bikes available for the guests (not sure if they share that info as it would have been nice to know that we didn't have to lug our bikes 300+ miles!) nice restaurant, comfortable rooms. No resort fee, which is always nice.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
T23Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you UtahSarahcat for taking the time to write a review. I as well love the convenience of being able to bike or walk to almost anything you could need in the area. We just started our bike rental program this summer and we will definitely be sure to make this more known to future guests. Hopefully you are able to come back and make use of our beach cruisers!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My tween daughters and I stayed at Tower23 over spring break and loved it. You can't beat the ocean front location, and the hotel and onsite restaurant were both fabulous. The rooms were very nicely appointed and the beds were very comfortable. The food and service in the restaurant were both great also. Our favorite part of Tower23 was the terrace on the second floor that overlooks the 'boardwalk' and ocean. We loved sitting by the firepit in the late afternoon / evening. We appreciated that they served both drinks and food on the terrace, and enjoyed eating dinner there several evenings as the sun went down during our week at Tower23.

My only regret is that I did not learn they offered spa services until the end of our week there, as that would have also been great.

I should also add that I was able to book my kids at a surfing camp we could walk to from the hotel and they really enjoyed that. It also made for a nice stroll along the paved walkway to and from the camp.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tower23 Hotel? Share your experiences!