“Love Tower 23” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tower23 Hotel

You added Tower23 Hotel to your Saves list
Tower23 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4551 Ocean Boulevard, Between Felspar St. & Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Tower23 Hat
Ranked #12 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“Love Tower 23”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Tower 23 is the perfect place to stay in Pacific Beach. We enjoyed the restaurant and bar and of course the open fire pit on the terrace from where we watched the sun set every evening. The rooms were very modern and clean. Surf lessons and delicious fish tacos within walking distance. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Tower 23 a couple weeks ago and had a wonderful time. The hotel was in the middle of where we wanted to be and the access to the ocean and the boardwalk was super.

Room was clean, comfortable and reasonable. We brought our bikes with us, but they have bikes at the hotel that are complimentary of you are staying there.

Only thing I would say was that the hot water took a little bit to get to the 3rd floor, but once it did, it was fine.

Nice staff. very modern feel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights and best 2 nights of my trip by far. Definitely, didn't want to leave. Very friendly staff. Great, spacious and modern room with an amazing view of the ocean - we had a Sky Pad. The restaurant downstairs JRDN had amazing food and service. Loved our stay and wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

All I have to say is WOW!!! The concierge Jackie was great!! She literally saved mine and my families whole vacation. When we first met Jackie we were asking for referrals for restaurants and sites to see. Well needless to say we seen all of the sites but first after losing my backpack with all types of cash and valuables in it. We got back to our hotel and were heading to our room Jackie noticed I was upset and she came right up to me and was interested in helping me any way. Well I explained how I had lost my back pack and she told me she would continue to search for it until she found it. I thought she was just being nice but then she picked up her cell phone and called every restaurant and site we had visited and most were just looking in their managers office and not really helping. So then Jackie called some of her friends that she knew in the area and had them actually go searching. After about 2 hours one of her friends had found the back pack under a table in the restaurant we had been eating at. Needless to say everything was still there even the large amount of cash I had inside!! I must say if you are looking for a concierge that will not only give you great places to eat and see, along with personal support when you are in need! Look no further!! This girl is the best!!! Thank you Tower 23 for having such a wonderful person at your establishment!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Tower 23 for a week as an easy get away from the summer heat of AZ. Location is fantastic - right on the boardwalk and close to a lot of bars and restaurants. We brought our bikes but they have bikes available for the guests (not sure if they share that info as it would have been nice to know that we didn't have to lug our bikes 300+ miles!) nice restaurant, comfortable rooms. No resort fee, which is always nice.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
T23Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you UtahSarahcat for taking the time to write a review. I as well love the convenience of being able to bike or walk to almost anything you could need in the area. We just started our bike rental program this summer and we will definitely be sure to make this more known to future guests. Hopefully you are able to come back and make use of our beach cruisers!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My tween daughters and I stayed at Tower23 over spring break and loved it. You can't beat the ocean front location, and the hotel and onsite restaurant were both fabulous. The rooms were very nicely appointed and the beds were very comfortable. The food and service in the restaurant were both great also. Our favorite part of Tower23 was the terrace on the second floor that overlooks the 'boardwalk' and ocean. We loved sitting by the firepit in the late afternoon / evening. We appreciated that they served both drinks and food on the terrace, and enjoyed eating dinner there several evenings as the sun went down during our week at Tower23.

My only regret is that I did not learn they offered spa services until the end of our week there, as that would have also been great.

I should also add that I was able to book my kids at a surfing camp we could walk to from the hotel and they really enjoyed that. It also made for a nice stroll along the paved walkway to and from the camp.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our stay at Tower 23 was amazing, from the minute we pulled our car into the valet through checkout. Everyone of the staff was kind, helpful and made us feel welcome. Joel at the concierge desk was extremely helpful. We arrived very early so we put our luggage in the closet and went for a bike rude down the boardwalk (free rental from the hotel). When we checked in, welcome cocktails were quickly brought to our room along with our luggage. The room was immaculate, clean and modern, with comfy bathrobes waiting in the bathroom. We rented the Sky pad, which offers a full ocean view and a balcony, so we watched the sunset each night from there. The deck is a great place to relax and watch the ocean waves too, and Zach will be there to take care of you. We had room service the first night (Zach brought that too!), and the food was so yummy, we ate in the restaurant the following night (JRDN restaurant). The food and service again did not disappoint. They have a salad where you select the greens, dressing and 5 items, very cool. The steak was perfection and we really lucked out with Tues night being 50% off bottles of wine. The beach is wide and open and there are many of other places nearby to shop and dine. Be sure to stop by the Baked Bear for ice cream or cookies. I travel frequently and have NEVER been treated so well throughout my stay, and everything that was promised was delivered. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I recommend paying the extra money for the sky pad (ocean view)