“Best Location in San Diego” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tower23 Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tower23 Hotel to your Saves list
Tower23 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4551 Ocean Boulevard, Between Felspar St. & Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Tower23 Visor
Ranked #13 of 269 hotels in San Diego
New York, New York, United States
“Best Location in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just returned last night from my first visit to San Diego. I cannot say enough good things about Tower23!! The location is beyond perfect, right on the beach in Pacific Beach and centrally located in between Mission Beach and La Jolla.

From the second we parked our rental car in the garage we were met with a warm and genuine greeting. We arrived early and our room was not ready, however, the front desk took our bags (7 of them) and kept them safe so we could enjoy the beach! Once the room was ready, I received a call on my cell that we could check in at our leisure.

Jackie, the concierge was very helpful in providing us with things to do, places to eat/drink in the area and even made a reservation for me for my first surf lesson with Pacific Beach Surf School!!!

The room itself was absolutely awesome - everything was modern and very, very clean! We had a partial ocean view on the 3rd floor with a view of the rooftop with the pool and fire pit directly facing the ocean.

Every single employee was friendly and welcoming!!

At night wanted to grab some drinks and sit outside at the bar which fills up pretty quickly and reservations at the restaurant are a must. Both the food and drinks were delicious, not to mention the sunset view from our table.

The rooftop has fun lights and is just a cool place to either tan during the day (although the beach is right there so we headed to the beach) or sit at night enjoying the ocean and relaxation of the beauty that is Pacific Beach.

Further down the boardwalk can be loud with bars and people everywhere, however, Tower23 is in the perfect spot with great access to all the fun bars/restaurants without being in the noisy area. It's like it's own oasis.

I cannot think of a better place to stay in the area. My only complaint is that I had to leave!!!

We will most certainly return to San Diego very soon and stay at Tower23!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
T23Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you Lauren for taking the time to write a review. We strive to give the best beach experience to all of our guests and are glad that you were able to enjoy it with us! Please come back and visit us again soon.

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We love love love Jackie the hotels concierge
She went above and beyond for us
She even fixed my shoe.
Jackie made us reservations, helped us
With beach chairs and towels and even bike rentals. The hotel gas a great restaurant And a beautiful upper deck with fire pit over looking ocean.

• Stayed July 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us here in Pacific Beach and that Jackie could help make your stay even more special. Hopefully you are able to stay with us again soon!
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We spent four nights in July at Tower23. The hotel service was excellent - from the front desk to housekeeping to the valet parking.

We were traveling with our preteens and based on some other reviews we were nervous that this wouldn't be a good hotel for kids. However, they were welcome and had a great time.

We stayed in a Sanctuary Suite. The memory foam bed was very comfortable as was the queen size sofa sleeper. We were on the third floor and had a great view looking over the tower deck to the ocean. Our suite was quiet and we didn't hear any noise from the deck or other rooms at night.

Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was very well prepared. Drinks and appetizers in the lounge or tower deck were great with a beautiful view at sunset.

Pacific Beach made a great home base for exploring the different areas of San Diego. We had a fun vacation and are glad we chose Tower23.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My fiance lived in PB for a few years when we first met and its when we fell in love with this hotel. Its not just a hotel, its truly a vacation. The beach exposed bar and restaurant along with the contemporary design of the hotel is inviting and lively. Its a go to spot in PB for happy a hour with a view. The happy hour is phenomenal, as well as the food at JRDN. The hotel rooms are absolutely amazing. The beds are incredibly comfortable and big! Get a room on the Tower Deck. Incredible!!! The service is impeccable. I love the added bonus of free bike rentals now, plus umbrellas, sand toys, and beach towels. We use the bikes to rome around PB. The location is perfect. The hotel sits right above the beach and just a few feet away from the Pier. We got engaged at the beach in front of the hotel on our most recent trip and everything was absolutely perfect. I could not have imagined a better place, or more special location, to celebrate our engagement. The hotel bar was the location of our surprise engagement party and all of our friends were amazed at how beautiful the hotel was. Cannot express enough how truly special this hotel is, not just to us, but just in general. We wont stay anywhere else when we are there.

I must add a note that the daily fresh ice water provided in the lobby is such a treat. Sometimes it has strawberries in it, sometimes cucumbers, or oranges and mint! So refreshing after being out and about as we head up to our room! Its those little touches that make this hotel so special!

Room Tip: Get a room on the "Tower Deck!" Stunning San Diego sunsets from the rooms or from the deck...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CHINO , CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband Raul and myself had the most memorable time at Tower 23.
We jsut celebrated our 4th anniversary June 25th ,and stayed at this hotel over the weekend. We couldn't have been more pleased with the accomodations as well as the staff ! I was very IMPRESSED with the bar staff they were so respectful and busy but yet tentative, MICHELL and TONY who we spoke to very briefly had such welcoming personalities, as well as the staff at the Sky Pad and the astmosphere was very cozy,food at the resturant downstairs was excellent!! We hope to return with friends and family in the near future! THANK YOU TOWER 23 for being such a Great staff. SEE YA SOON :)

Room Tip: Sorry we might have missed the pool area and fitness center this time but maybe next time we can che...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during such a special time. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

While we do not have a gym on property, we do offer passes to the gym just a few blocks away or of course the boardwalk the runs along the beach - a great place to run or bike.

Please join us again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Tower23 is perfect for adults and families traveling with teenagers or small kids. We stayed here last summer, and no regrets! Pricey but worth every dollar. Ocean view room, close to all the restaurants and shopping. The beach here is beautiful, the sunsets were breathless. Only con was the restaurant downstairs, Jordan. The place itself is clean and sleek but the food was poor in quality and over priced, at least to my standards. I would HIGHLY recommended this hotel to my friends and I look forward to staying here again.

Bathrooms:
VERY clean
Water pressure excellent
Beds:
Too comfortable ( you almost want to stay in bed all day)
Lobby:
Doesn't get any better

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My in-laws recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary which is an amazing milestone! As a wonderful gift they invited several family members and friends to join them in the celebration. They have visited Tower 23 before and really enjoyed their stay. There are many places to stay in Pacific Beach, and they chose Tower 23 once again due to their previous positive experience there.

I want to let you know that the services, rooms, amenities, location, meals, and staff were outstanding. This is a premier place for guests to stay and I will recommend your hotel to everyone I know (and I already have). I am sure that is the same for all of us that stayed. My husband and I each own a service business so we know what makes good customer service great. Your customer service was tops.

Thank you for helping make a memorable vacation even sweeter with our stay at Tower 23.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tower23 Hotel? Share your experiences!