“Late review but not forgotten” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tower23 Hotel

You added Tower23 Hotel to your Saves list
Tower23 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4551 Ocean Boulevard, Between Felspar St. & Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Tower23 Hat
Ranked #12 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Late review but not forgotten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Tower23 is perfect for adults and families traveling with teenagers or small kids. We stayed here last summer, and no regrets! Pricey but worth every dollar. Ocean view room, close to all the restaurants and shopping. The beach here is beautiful, the sunsets were breathless. Only con was the restaurant downstairs, Jordan. The place itself is clean and sleek but the food was poor in quality and over priced, at least to my standards. I would HIGHLY recommended this hotel to my friends and I look forward to staying here again.

Bathrooms:
VERY clean
Water pressure excellent
Beds:
Too comfortable ( you almost want to stay in bed all day)
Lobby:
Spotless
Staff:
Kind, humble and helpful
Location:
Doesn't get any better

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My in-laws recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary which is an amazing milestone! As a wonderful gift they invited several family members and friends to join them in the celebration. They have visited Tower 23 before and really enjoyed their stay. There are many places to stay in Pacific Beach, and they chose Tower 23 once again due to their previous positive experience there.

I want to let you know that the services, rooms, amenities, location, meals, and staff were outstanding. This is a premier place for guests to stay and I will recommend your hotel to everyone I know (and I already have). I am sure that is the same for all of us that stayed. My husband and I each own a service business so we know what makes good customer service great. Your customer service was tops.

Thank you for helping make a memorable vacation even sweeter with our stay at Tower 23.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First time coming down to San Diego and decided to book a hotel right on the beach to have a romantic getaway with the lady. Picked this hotel over others on the beach due to the modern rooms, excellent hospitality provided by the staff, and the location on the boardwalk. Prices can be a bit pricey but highly recommended for couples.

As I checked in I was greeted by the valet for parking. Was offered baggage service for my bags which someone quickly came and grabbed my bags. As I checked in I was told that my Surf Pad room that i book was under maintenance and was upgraded to a Sweet Suite for free. All I can say about that room it was sure SWEET and lives up to its name. For those that have the cash to splurge go for it you won't regret it. I was also offered complimentary cocktails. This hotel definitely rolls out all the stops and great customer service. Also used the offer on Tripadvisor for free valet parking and accepted it happily.

The room itself was on the 3rd floor but as other reviewers have mentioned it can get noise if you leave your sliding window door to the patio open. Once it was closed it was relatively quiet. Do checkout the 2nd floor observation deck/patio to view the nice sunset while relaxing under the warm heat lamps.

Will definitely be coming back for another romantic getaway again. Thank you Tower23 and its staff for the hospitality and providing a romantic environment.

Room Tip: If you are looking for quiet room. Request third floor and away from restaurant and bar.
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a great view but it was pricey. I would recommend this hotel for young couples. It's in a great location it's just not very kid friendly and you pay top dollar for everything. It kind of party central and loud at night and the room we had the bathroom door was a sliding door with frosted glass. So you could hear everything and see everything whenever you used the bathroom. It wasnt very practical in the middle of the night especially with kids. Otherwise the employees were very nice and the location was great.

Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first time at this hotel in Pacific Beach. In the past, we have stayed at La Jolla Beach and Tennis, Sea Lodge and Pacific Terrace. There is no pool and I thought that would be a problem, but it was not. My husband and older teens stayed at the beach all day and boogie boarded in great waves. While I normally do as well, this time I preferred to sit in the inner upstairs private courtyard with a splendid view of the ocean while enjoying drink and food service and shade, I was so comfortable. I have never seen a set up like this before - my patio door opened out to the communal courtyard. It worked and more hotels should do this. This is a small property but the beach is the feature. We don't drink but the bar downstairs was happening daily.
The food at the restaurant downstairs was amazing.
Grab a bike and you can bike down the boardwalk, to the shopping/restaurants down the street, or basically anywhere. Take a taxi to this hotel and ride a bike - you may not need a car.
We went before the summer crowds so we will have to see how it is when we return in summer. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Do you like nice things and perfect location?

Stay here.

Beautiful view, great amenities and friendly staff. Had the opportunity to stay here after a few days of being downtown and will always stay in PB from now on.

Kate took care of us very well and we'll gladly come back.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room was huge (for a boutique hotel) and the balcony was spacious. Very clean & centrally located in Pacific Beach. The stairs to the beach are right across from the hotel & there are a ton of bars & restaurants in walking distance.

My only complaint is that I thought there was more of a pool based on the pictures from the website. I know, I know you're on the ocean so why would you need a pool?! Well the ocean was 65 degrees so ya... But other than that, this hotel was so great!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Tower23 Hotel? Share your experiences!