“Modern contemporary hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tower23 Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tower23 Hotel to your Saves list
Tower23 Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4551 Ocean Boulevard, Between Felspar St. & Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“Modern contemporary hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First time coming down to San Diego and decided to book a hotel right on the beach to have a romantic getaway with the lady. Picked this hotel over others on the beach due to the modern rooms, excellent hospitality provided by the staff, and the location on the boardwalk. Prices can be a bit pricey but highly recommended for couples.

As I checked in I was greeted by the valet for parking. Was offered baggage service for my bags which someone quickly came and grabbed my bags. As I checked in I was told that my Surf Pad room that i book was under maintenance and was upgraded to a Sweet Suite for free. All I can say about that room it was sure SWEET and lives up to its name. For those that have the cash to splurge go for it you won't regret it. I was also offered complimentary cocktails. This hotel definitely rolls out all the stops and great customer service. Also used the offer on Tripadvisor for free valet parking and accepted it happily.

The room itself was on the 3rd floor but as other reviewers have mentioned it can get noise if you leave your sliding window door to the patio open. Once it was closed it was relatively quiet. Do checkout the 2nd floor observation deck/patio to view the nice sunset while relaxing under the warm heat lamps.

Will definitely be coming back for another romantic getaway again. Thank you Tower23 and its staff for the hospitality and providing a romantic environment.

Room Tip: If you are looking for quiet room. Request third floor and away from restaurant and bar.
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a great view but it was pricey. I would recommend this hotel for young couples. It's in a great location it's just not very kid friendly and you pay top dollar for everything. It kind of party central and loud at night and the room we had the bathroom door was a sliding door with frosted glass. So you could hear everything and see everything whenever you used the bathroom. It wasnt very practical in the middle of the night especially with kids. Otherwise the employees were very nice and the location was great.

Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first time at this hotel in Pacific Beach. In the past, we have stayed at La Jolla Beach and Tennis, Sea Lodge and Pacific Terrace. There is no pool and I thought that would be a problem, but it was not. My husband and older teens stayed at the beach all day and boogie boarded in great waves. While I normally do as well, this time I preferred to sit in the inner upstairs private courtyard with a splendid view of the ocean while enjoying drink and food service and shade, I was so comfortable. I have never seen a set up like this before - my patio door opened out to the communal courtyard. It worked and more hotels should do this. This is a small property but the beach is the feature. We don't drink but the bar downstairs was happening daily.
The food at the restaurant downstairs was amazing.
Grab a bike and you can bike down the boardwalk, to the shopping/restaurants down the street, or basically anywhere. Take a taxi to this hotel and ride a bike - you may not need a car.
We went before the summer crowds so we will have to see how it is when we return in summer. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Do you like nice things and perfect location?

Stay here.

Beautiful view, great amenities and friendly staff. Had the opportunity to stay here after a few days of being downtown and will always stay in PB from now on.

Kate took care of us very well and we'll gladly come back.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room was huge (for a boutique hotel) and the balcony was spacious. Very clean & centrally located in Pacific Beach. The stairs to the beach are right across from the hotel & there are a ton of bars & restaurants in walking distance.

My only complaint is that I thought there was more of a pool based on the pictures from the website. I know, I know you're on the ocean so why would you need a pool?! Well the ocean was 65 degrees so ya... But other than that, this hotel was so great!

Northern Callie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a beautiful and perfectly located boutique hotel.
We stayed 4 nights and will definitely be returning again.
Pros: Clean, Accommodating and Attentive Staff, Convenient Valet, Excellent Restaurant and Bar, Decent-sized Room, Good Room Service, Excellent Location, Amazing Views, Excellent People-watching entertainment.
Cons: Our room was on the 2nd Floor directly above the bar and it is loud. If we were in bed before the bar closed, we were unable to open the slider until well after the bar closed. (10pm weekdays, 12am weekends). Kinda bummed there was no pool. However, this will not keep us from coming back!
FYI - Pacific Beach is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. So much to see and do.

Room Tip: Room 205 is directly above the Restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I found this hotel by looking in TripAdvisor and I am glad I did! It was such a great find! This boutique hotel was very chic and right on the beach. The rooms was clean and modern. We had a balcony which was nice to eat breakfast in the morning (the room service breakfast was good and reasonably priced). The outdoor area was a nice place to lounge in the evening. We were pleasantly surprised that the restaurant JRDN was AMAZING! The service was above average. I would highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tower23 Hotel? Share your experiences!