“Beautiful location!” 5 of 5 stars

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

When I'm in San Diego, I visit the cemetery. It's a very quiet and peaceful place overlooking the ocean and downtown San Diego.

Visited June 2013

The Woodlands, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“A Very Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My father is interred at Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, and I lived in Point Loma as a child. This place holds a very special meaning for me. The scenery is truly spectacular. This elegant cemetery is a dignified and serene resting place for our nation's heroes.

Visited August 2013
Southern California
40 attraction reviews
“Patriotism Abounds in Military Cemetery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whether you are going to attend a service, find a particular grave, or just walk around to embrace the atmosphere, this is a nice place to visit.

Hawthorne, California
7 attraction reviews
“A special place for our veterans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We found this cemetery on our road trip of "59 places to see in San Diego". After living my whole life in Southern California I was surprised at how many hidden places I still didn't know about. This was one of them.

My interest in genealogy leads me to places like this to find relatives but the location of this cemetery with it's great views are a great tribute to the heroes that are laid to rest here.

Take the time to drive in and stop and look at some of the grave markers (all the way back to the Spanish American War). It is a very humbling experience to walk among these patriots that gave their lives in service for our freedom.

Hastings, Nebraska
46 attraction reviews
“Peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I make it a point of visiting the cemetery at least once a year to pay my respects to those who have served our country and assured our freedoms. This is a serene and lovely place, befitting the dignity of those who are buried here.