“A Very Special Place” 5 of 5 stars

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A Very Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My father is interred at Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, and I lived in Point Loma as a child. This place holds a very special meaning for me. The scenery is truly spectacular. This elegant cemetery is a dignified and serene resting place for our nation's heroes.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank stacey b

Southern California
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Patriotism Abounds in Military Cemetery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whether you are going to attend a service, find a particular grave, or just walk around to embrace the atmosphere, this is a nice place to visit.

Hawthorne, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A special place for our veterans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We found this cemetery on our road trip of "59 places to see in San Diego". After living my whole life in Southern California I was surprised at how many hidden places I still didn't know about. This was one of them.

My interest in genealogy leads me to places like this to find relatives but the location of this cemetery with it's great views are a great tribute to the heroes that are laid to rest here.

Take the time to drive in and stop and look at some of the grave markers (all the way back to the Spanish American War). It is a very humbling experience to walk among these patriots that gave their lives in service for our freedom.

1 Thank MBarnet
Hastings, Nebraska
175 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I make it a point of visiting the cemetery at least once a year to pay my respects to those who have served our country and assured our freedoms. This is a serene and lovely place, befitting the dignity of those who are buried here.

West Covina, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Where true role models are laid to rest..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Appropriately located in the Point Loma Hills overlooking the San Diego Harbor and skyline. Even if you don't have any friends or reletives resting there, it's worth the visit for it's historical value. Among the most recent laid to rest there are Navy SEALS Lt. Michael P. Murphy and SEAL MA2 Michael A. Monsoor, both Medal of Honor recipients.

Visited October 2012