“Great happy hour tacos” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Fiesta Mexican Cuisine & Lounge

La Fiesta Mexican Cuisine & Lounge
628 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
619-232-4242
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fiesta Mexican Cuisine & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #852 of 4,093 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Market & G Street
Transit: San Diego MTS Trolley: Blue Line, C Street Orange Line, Convention Center
Description: La Fiesta is located in the historic Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego and within walking distance of the major Downtown hotels.La Fiesta is proud to offer a modern twist on traditional Mexican cuisine.Our new menu is a collaborative effort that was thoughtfully inspired by the talented Chefs Sara Polczynski and Aaron Valenzuela.La Fiesta has a collection of tempting specialty margaritas and over 50 different tequilas offered daily. Come in for our daily happy hour to sample the best the Gaslamp has to offer.
“Great happy hour tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I visited this restaurant twice upon recommendation if my hotel. Unfortunately I had other arrangements for dinner so wanted somewhere for an aperitif. Sitting on their patio, i watched the street life and enjoyed huge margaritas for $3 (for the regular ones; top shelf were only $5). I tried their surf and turf tacos for $3 each. They were amazing! Small four tacos were stuffed with tender steak and each had 3 reasonably sized shrimps, and fresh avocado too. For $12 i had two large margaritas and two stuffed tacos - great value! If I return to SD I will make sure I head back to enjoy their full menu.

Chicago, Ilinois
“Fun, authentic Sonoran cuisine in a lively atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

At La Fiesta, pay attention to the recommendations of the waiters. This restaurant offers many dishes not on the menu that are fantastic. Yes, there is the typical Sonoran tacos, enchiladas and flautas; and, they are very good. However, the chef prepares some unique dishes, such as a seafood combo that is much like a Mexican bouillabaisse. You can't go wrong.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“I was disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

In Manchester there are not many mexican places so I thought that San Diego would provide me with a nice authentic mexican lunch. I cannot complain about the service. The staff were very polite and the food was delivered promptly. The nachos with the salsa dip were also a nice touch. I ordered the stake burrito and I must say I was disappointed. The whole thing was overpowered by the smell of boiled beef and felt the guacamole was too weak to add any flavour to the dish. It was served with red rice and mashed pinto beans. Both the rice and the beans were excellent and I must say, probably the highlight of the whole meal. With so many places around I would recommend go somewhere else.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We ordered a couple drinks on happy hour and some guac and chips. Everything was wonderful. The service was excellent. Wish we had time to try out the menu but the top shelf margaritas were really good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Indiana
“Didn't eat much.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wish that I had been hungry when we went. Just had drinks and appetizers but they were excellent. Next time I'll go ready to have dinner.