“Wish I could go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vyvant

You added Hotel Vyvant to your Saves list
Hotel Vyvant
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   505 West Grape Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Formerly Little Italy Inn)   |
Special Rate
$99 (USD)
Ranked #6 of 39 San Diego B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wish I could go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm sorry this review is so overdue. Hotel Vyvant was wonderful, affordable, and clean. My first-floor room didn't have a view, but for that all I had to do was walk about ten minutes to the ocean. It's close to good eating in Little Italy, and close to the Maritime Museum, which is actually really entertaining and should be a must-see on anyone's list. I was worried about the shared bathroom but only once was it occupied, and their breakfast was ridiculously good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget room that still comes across as luxe!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My review is based on coming back to the too. From going out to dinner . Soon as we got back my boyfriend and I were talking laughing and literally not even 5 minutes the next door people pounded on the door telling us to keep it down .. Very rude . We were just talking about to go to bed let alone if we were actually go do the dirty I felt like I was at my moms . We had to whisper to talk come on . They should let you know if it's after hours don't talk cause everyone is sleeping !

• Stayed December 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I found this gem surfing the internet while looking for a getaway weekend for couples.Diwntown San Diego within walking distance to Little Italy/ Gas lamp district this is a fab spot!
The hotel has a very curious name and in my one overnight night experience I found myself wishing we could stay a few days longer. The cocktail hour was quite lovely. Boyfriend and I had a chance to mingle and unwind with the other guests before heading out to dinner. The room was comfy, the interior decor throughout is filled with interesting, Victorian reminiscent pieces with a modern twist. It reminded me of my own home in upstate NY. The staff were cool and super helpful. The breakfast was a hit with local pastries and a rich, bold coffee but that really had me at the yogurt and Farmers Market granola. This establishment lives up to its name. I am all in and ready to stay again!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms then decide, it always giod to have options. I chose the room with the private...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I'm a fan of Hotel Vyvant; I like that it feels like you've entered an old, spacious house complete with chandeliers. The folks working there were exceedingly kind and seemed pleased to be working where they are. We had two bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi and the other with the shower/bath combo. You're truly about 5 minutes from excellent restaurants and, while close to the airport, it wasn't noisy at all. My one complaint was that the toilet paper holder was broken and aesthetically looked bad. For the cost, well. But I would happily stay here again and recommend Vyvant highly to others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel worked out great for us, we drove from Palm Springs to San Diego to visit a friend. Our room was quite nice, two bathrooms! One with a large tub/jacuzzi and another regular bathroom with a shower.
Even though the hotel is near a busy highway, sleeping was not problem, the hotel seemed quite quiet. We could park right in front of the hotel which was a big plus, even though we walked to restaurants and our friend's condo.
I would stay at this hotel again, breakfast was included although we did not eat.

Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was a small get-away for our anniversary. I booked the SPA KING for our stay and thoroughly enjoyed the spa tub. It was a nice surprise that my 6'4"/265lb hubbs and I both fit. No stretching out for him, but still room enough to enjoy our bubblebath. The room was smaller than the website photos made it appear but was still quite cozy. My hubbs thought the traffic below and the path of airplanes would keep him up but we didn't hear them at all.

The complimentary breakfast was fabulous - fresh pastries brought in each morning, granola, and fresh fruit. Choice of coffee, milk, soy milk, fruit juices and fruit infused water. Then there was the complimentary happy hour. Not sure if only available on the weekend but was nice to have. We didn't share as we were presented with a bottle of champagne upon our arrival.

Due to the vintageness of the building, some rooms do not have private baths. Read the descriptions of each room before booking. They are all decorated beautifully and simply.

The parking can get a little tricky. But honestly, once you park you can either walk, cab it or trolley it to just about anywhere. You're in Little Italy, so you have many shops and restaurants to choose from. Becca referred us to Filipes for dinner on our first night. Unbelievable!!! Italian cuisine is all my all time fave food and I've never had lasagna, eggplant parmigiano or meatballs like this. We had dinner there each night! (TIP: If you want to avoid the line, you'll have to head out closer to 4-5pm) You'll see what I mean as you leave from dinner. Half hour to hour wait if you want a late dinner :(

The hotel clerks were absolute dolls. I wish I had gotten the second young lady's name because they were wonderful. Very friendly and helpful.

I'm very picky with my accomodations, food and mostly service and I arrived home without a single complaint! I know, I know my husband was surprised too! LOL... We are already planning our next trip back to Hotel Vyant!!

Room Tip: Read the room description thoroughly to ensure your room has a private bath or you will be tiptoeing...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is the best hotel and service I ever had in the US or in Europe. Located in the heart of Little Italy, the hotel has the decor of a European B&B coupled with young, energetic, and friendly staff. The daily breakfast was not just excellent but all of the food and beverages are provided by local vendors from the farmers market down the road. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip back to SD

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Vyvant? Share your experiences!