“excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vyvant

You added Hotel Vyvant to your Saves list
Hotel Vyvant
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   505 West Grape Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Formerly Little Italy Inn)   |
Special Rate
$99 (USD)
Ranked #6 of 39 San Diego B&B and Inns
Ffm
“excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Best stay in san diego! Lovely Hotel with great hospitality
i liked the cute very clean and modern rooms with a lovely smell not like the other hotels that smells like ..... you know

Definently an A+++ hope to stay with you soon and I will !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I found Hotel Vyvant on Trip Advisor in advance of my business trip to San Diego. I was looking for a clean, cheap place to stay within walking distance of where I'd be working for a few days. Boy was I surprised by how amazing this B&B was. First the staff was incredibly attentive and friendly. The location was perfect and the B&B itself was cute and clean and exactly what I needed. I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends if ever they visit San Diego and I will definitely be staying here on my next business trip.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sharing a bathroom, the rooms get cheaper and the bathroom is clean and large.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you are visiting San Diego and want a great place to stay - Hotel Vyvant is it! The convenience factor is key - literally minutes from the airport; the zoo, La Jolla beach; plus it's surrounded by wonderful restaurants, and walking distance from the Harbor. This place is also great for big groups. We had 8 families staying at the hotel and it was ideal! The rooms are spacious, clean, the beds rocked (so comfy); the complimentary breakfast was wonderful too - but it was the staff that makes this place a 5 star hotel. They were all super accommodating and friendly. This will be the only hotel for me when visiting San Diego!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with kids request rooms with the kitchen -will give you more space and will ma...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Only one word can describe our experience... AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! Okay that's three words. My husband and I flew to San Diego for his Granddaughters wedding. We arrived a few days before the big day and upon our arrival at Hotel Vyvant, we were greeted by John the owner as if we were family. The warmth that he and his staff extended were truly above and beyond our expectations. John and his staff just gave and gave to the entire family one by one upon their arrival. THANK YOU John and everyone in creating an atmosphere beyond words can describe. The room we had was awesome, clean, beautiful and very large. The pictures on your website don't do the rooms or your hotel justice. Only one small complaint, we didn't get to say goodbye to John. When we return to San Diego, WE WILL be staying at Hotel Vyvant. There is no other place to stay while you are in San Diego. You are in the heart of everything. Thank you again. Pam and Sam Burgio

Room Tip: All the rooms were great. We chose the queen size bed room with private bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The feel of a Bed & Breakfast. Wonderful people with wonderful attitudes about their facility and jobs. Very accommodating and clean. A beautiful old building that houses an atmosphere as if you were actually staying in a foreign country.

Room Tip: We stayed in room "E". Very little noise and close to the refreshments. We are older so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Yarnell, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

After reading the great reviews, we decided to give this a try. Well, it is everything that the reviews have said and much more. It is so hard to describe, as the staff is so great and helpful, the surrounding are the best, and the breakfast was very good. Just like staying with relatives is the only way to descibe, but these are not trying to get you to go home when they are tired of you. Do yourself a favor and stay at this great hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I am staying at the vyvant for 5 days while attending a conference at the convention center. It has been wonderful! Charming little inn with a European flavor, a peaceful escape from downtown. Everything is of high quality, tasteful, thoughtfully chosen-- the bedding and towels, breakfast pastries, coffee and tea, decor, toilettries, showerhead, etc. For a budget traveler, would be luxurious; for a business traveler it is comfortable and very pleasant. The staff are so cheerful and eager to help. Shared bathroom is immaculate and I have never had to wait. I think I've been the only person using it for most of my stay. Free wireless has been reliable. 8-minute walk to the train stop makes it very easy to get around the city, or $10 cab ride downtown. Room is lovely, simple, small but with plenty of drawers. It would be sweet and romantic for a couple. I wish I had brought my husband, but probably would not bring my kids because we are rowdy and would disrupt the serenity of this place for others. Great nearby italian restaurants--ask at the desk for recommendations.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hotel Vyvant? Share your experiences!