“Top Notch Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Vyvant
505 West Grape Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Formerly Little Italy Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 40 San Diego B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Top Notch Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

When I booked a room at Little Italy Inn, now Hotel Vyvant, there was immediate communication from the hotel. After asking for a room with a balcony, explaining recovery from a broken ankle and hence expecting more in-room time for icing, I was informed that there are no balconies, but they would be happy to upgrade us to an apartment, with fridge for my ice pack, and on the first floor, hence avoiding stairs. We were very impressed with this customer attention.

Yesterday, after informing the hotel that we needed to cancel our trip due to a family emergency, I received a note of sympathy, asking if there was anything they could do.

In my opinion, this is some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. We hope to reschedule a trip to SD at a later date, and this would be my hotel of choice. No wonder the reviews are excellent.

In order to submit this, I did have to give an overall rating, so have done so, based on the service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am not sure i can come up with enough superlatives for this hotel. We loved every moment there, the room was beautiful and the staff were lovely. Any neutral reviews are probably from before the management changed. Stop looking for somewhere to stay and get booking, especially if you are there for friday or saturday happy hour....you may just end up making friends that make your trip complete!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our flight got cancelled and we found this hotel on hotel tonight sight. We were upset and tired when we came in. The front desk lady did her best to accommodate us and showed us several rooms. She even gave us an extra room free of charge because the room she promised us was taken. The hotel is clean, close to all nice restaurants. In the morning the breakfast was outstanding, fresh coffee, orange juice, pastries. We felt like we were visiting relatives. We needed a place to work for a couple of hours and occupied the whole lobby which looks like a living room. They gave us a late check-out also. We were very happy.

Room Tip: The back rooms are less noisy. Some rooms have bathroom, some share. There is a big communical bat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were very happy with our stay in this little boutique hotel. When we entered the hotel guests were gathered and enjoying wine with cheese and crackers. I knew then that we had found the perfect place to stay. Mitch is the perfect host and most accommodating. Our room was large and the bed was a "heavenly" bed. In the morning we woke up to wonderful coffee, pastries and yogurt. Was kinda sad to say goodbye - but we will be back!!

Room Tip: They have rooms where you share a bathroom and others with your own bathroom - even some have kitche...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

There is no better place to stay in San Diego than Little Italy Inn! Impeccably clean, excellent location, great breakfast, free parking and did I mention Mitch and Lorraine.... Very friendly and helpful. Every Friday and Saturday evening is Happy Hour! Talk with the guests, Mitch and Lorraine while sipping wine or local beer. The cheese and meat spread is delicious! If you stay anywhere else you are making a big mistake! My husband and I spent three nights here in October and would definitely return! Suggest visiting Balboa Park where the zoo is located, drive the coastline starting at Torrey Pines and ending at Calbrillo National Monument. Enjoy lunch at Coronado Hotel, visit old town and the gaslamp districts, take a harbor cruise and visit the USS Midway Museum! Little Italy Inn has discount coupons to many of these attractions. If you are going to San Diego, then you MUST stay here! Thanks Lorraine and Mitch from your new friends from PA!!!!!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any room
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Little Italy Inn this Autumn during our first visit to San Diego and could not be happier with our choice. I was SO impressed by the genuine friendliness and hospitality of the entire staff - they made us feel more like friends than hotel guests. The rooms and thier furnishings were lovely and full of character. The hotel is located in a charming building in an amazing location. It is only a block from the heart of Little Italy. More than a dozen deli's, bistros, pizzarias, coffee shops, and restaurants are within easy walking distance, even for those of us with mobolty impairments, and we found the arts and music scene both diverse and exciting. The waterfront, Gaslamp Quarter and Balboa Park (which houses the famous San Diego Zoo and tons of Museums) are all within a 20-minute walk or a five minute drive of the hotel. I was initially concerned about the lack of parking at the hotel, but there is a loading and drop-off zone on the street adjacent to the hotel and we found accessible street parking (including several handicap-reserved spaces) nearby.
We really enjoyed the happy hours in the evenings, not only for the beverages (including several wines and craft beers from the area) and beautifully prepared snacks but also for the opportunity to learn more about the city from the staff, other hotel guests and locals. We picked up some excellent tips on local restaurants, entertainment venues, and museums.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay and hope to visit again in the near future.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Little Italy Inn, not once, but twice this summer. The first time was back in June and I was completely boggled by the fact that this place was such a hidden gem in San Diego.

Fast forward to October and I find myself in San Diego yet again. This time with my girlfriend. Of course, we book our room at the Little Italy Inn and as soon as we walk through the door, Mitch (the manager) greets me with a big hug as if we're long lost friends. Mitch remembered me as the crazy guy who rode his bicycle from Seattle to the border of Mexico and stayed with them on the last few days of his trip before flying back to home to Boston. Yep, that's me!

Mitch was so accommodating as usual. We really enjoyed our stay at the Little Italy Inn and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality boutique hotel with a value you simply cannot believe.

P.S. - Don't miss out on the happy hour! It was the highlight of our recent stay! ;-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Vyvant? Share your experiences!