“Great B and B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vyvant

You added Hotel Vyvant to your Saves list
Hotel Vyvant
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   505 West Grape Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Formerly Little Italy Inn)   |
Special Rate
$99 (USD)
Ranked #6 of 39 San Diego B&B and Inns
Cherry Hill, NJ
“Great B and B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Little Italy Inn for 4 nights during our recent first trip to San Diego. If you are a B and B person, this is the place to stay. The new owner Mitch is so knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and funny too! Every restaurant recommendation was excellent, tourist tips were right on, and he never hesitated to print tickets, directions etc for me (and I asked for many!). The room was clean, cozy and had lots of charm and personality. The breakfast was great, great pastries, coffee and even fruit, granola and yogurt. They had a happy hour with wine and cheese, which was extremely generous. The neighborhood is convenient. It was a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back away from the street and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for 4th of July and we are definitely returning. It's only a block away from all the great restaurants that Little Italy has to offer and less than a mile and a half from the heart of the Gaslamp and Horton Plaza in downtown San Diego. The decor is very unique and classy and holds true to what you would expect of a European style bed and breakfast. The manager and staff make you feel very welcome and even the other guests were nice and sociable. We stayed in one of the rooms with a spa that was a good size but the jets weren't very strong; they were more like a lot of therapeutic bubbles. And don't expect a big breakfast, just your standard pastries, toast with spreads, orange juice and coffee but when you're that close to so many good restaurants, it shouldn't really matter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a little jewel in the heart of San Diego! A very warm quaint place to stay and the new owners are a delight! We felt pampered when we left. Try it, you will love it.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have never had a more accommodating stay than I experienced at the Little Italy Inn, Bed and Breakfast. The rooms are beautiful. Brand new mattresses, clean wood floors, thick rugs, nice tv/dvd combos. It is two short blocks from India St in Little Italy and a $10 cab ride to the airport.
I asked for some ice, they brought me a bucket of ice . . . and a mini-fridge!
I asked for a late checkout - they said, stay as long as you want, we have other things to do.
The free breakfast was nice, bagels, spreads, cereals, oat meal, pastries, juices and coffee/tea.
I stayed four nights with a private bathroom and paid less than $500 total!
I give this place my highest recommendation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was my second stay here. First time was really good..this was even better! The new manager, Mitch, really went out of his way to recommend good places, chat about the area, and be sure that everyone had what they needed (directions, coffee, etc.). There are tons of restaurants nearby and the area is easy to walk around (and Influx, a nearby coffee shop, has great coffee/cappuccino)! The hotel doesn't have parking, but we found a space nearby without much trouble, and there is a loading zone out front. Rates are good, and the rooms have character. Also, if you arrive by train, it's only about a mile walk from the Downtown/Ste Fe Station.

The breakfast was good, and happy hour was a nice chance to chat with people. Everyone on the staff was very nice. There was a big urn of fruit infused water 'round the clock (nice and refreshing after a long day!). A lot of nice touches that made it a very pleasant place to stay!

I have to note that the reason I put sleep quality at "average" is because the area is not far from the airport so you do get some noise. It's an old inn (102 years old!) so sound does carry a bit. None of that was a huge issue, but if you are really sensitive to noise you'll want to be sure to ask which rooms are quieter. I left well rested and having had a great weekend! I would absolutely stay here again! Also, while we were there I believe they went "pet friendly!"

Room Tip: It's an old inn. Some rooms have in-room bathroom, so are shared. Sharing can keep the cost do...
Glendale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Little Italy Inn is romantic and unique. We stayed here for our honeymoon 3.5 years ago and again last weekend for a "babymoon" trip, and it was exactly what we had hoped for in both cases. This is a bright, elegant, beautifully kept historic building with distinctive and comfortable rooms. We found the bed to be actually more comfortable than ours at home, which has never happened anywhere else. My wife's favorite part of breakfast was the fresh raspberries and nutella, and I really liked the coffee and bagels with cream cheese. The staff was super friendly, and we were allowed to check in early on the day we arrived since no one had used our room the night before. The location couldn't be much better and was close by all of our activities. The only down-side was that parking was pretty full on the streets in the surrounding neighborhood, so sometimes I had to peruse nearby side streets to find a spot. The Little Italy Inn has a 30 min. loading spot where I dropped off my wife and could load/unload, so this wasn't a big deal. We highly recommend it!

Winslow, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was in San Diego for 4 days and 3 nights to attend a wedding. Mitch and all the staff at Little Italy Inn were very courteous and helpful. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. I've already recommended staying here to some of my family. If I'm in San Diego again I hope they'll have a room available for me. Thanks for the service. The whole experience of Little Italy was also fun. It's close to everything.

Room Tip: I stayed in room L, it worked well for me.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Vyvant? Share your experiences!