“Nice hotel near Torrey Pines State Park” 5 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #5 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mirabel, Qc
“Nice hotel near Torrey Pines State Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This Homewood Suites is very nice, clean and quiet.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The location is excellent, right by Torrey Pines State Park, also close to La Jolla and not too far from downtown San Diego.
The rooms are good size and very comfy.
The full kitchen with oventop is very useful.
The pool and hot tub area is nice and there is also a gas grill on site.
The full breakfast is included, many choices and good quality.
Complimentary dinner also, from monday to thursday (menu changing every night).
Free parking on site.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
fairfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Over a year ago while staying at this property my 16 year old son suffered from sudden cardiac death. He amazingly survived, and after months in the hospital, he got to go home and continue to recover. During this crisis, and since then, this hotel has been our second home. The owner, management, and staff have gone above and beyond to assist us in any way possible as we make trips back to doctors and rehab. On this trip the hotel arranged a 'celebrate life' party for Alex, my son. They invited the first responders that saved his life, the media, and our friends and family. We were able to share Alex's story and visit with all the meaningful people in our life, including the hotel staff. I can't fully express how special this was to us. We alway enjoy our stay here, and we love all the space this hotel offers, but this was, by far, the best yet. I realize there are a lot of hotel choices out there, but I think it's more then just picking a nice bed. If you want a nice experience then this is where you need to be.

Room Tip: I like staying by the stairs for the exercise, but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much Rachael R for making our hotel such an important part of your family's lives. Having a family emergency away from home can make bad situations even worse so I am glad we were there to help. We are so happy to have you stay with us and are beyond thrilled to see your son healthy and happy. Thank you for all the kind comments, we hope to have you stay with us for years to come.
Spokane, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here in January while attending the Farmers Insurance Golf Tournament at Torrey Pines. It was a short drive to the golf course and much less expensive than hotels right in La Jolla. Parking was also free which wasn't the case when we were looking at hotels closer to the golf course.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite (my husband, I and our 9 year old son) and had plenty of room. Breakfast at the hotel was great and the dinner (Mon-Thu) was nice as well. Nothing fancy for dinner but decent. And they also have free wine and beer with dinner. The Hilton Garden Inn right next door had a good restaurant that we went to several times during our stay. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the restaurant and loved the convenience of being able to walk there.
We were very happy with the staff at the Homewood Suites. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff to the staff working at breakfast. They all were very, very nice and made our stay very pleasant. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I found the entire staff to be friendly and accord acting. I get the entire staff made the extra effort to make my stay memorable. I will say the morning breakfast crew cannot make a decent coffee to save their soul, the coffee just sucked

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Oroville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My Son, grandson and I stayed here on Tuesday February 11th. They gave us an upgrade on our room and were very courteous and friendly. The hotel is very clean. beds are comfortable and bedding is nice and crisp and fluffy comforters. The breakfast was good. Two kinds of scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, toast, muffins, bagels, cold cereal, yougerts, fruits, waffles, oatmeal, juices, coffee, soy milk, very plentiful. This was our third stay at this property and we will definitely stay here again when we are in the area. Thank you to gentleman at the desk that night at about 11:30 PM (I did not get your name) For your Kindness & professional demeanor. I hope your employer knows what a good employee he or she has in you. : )

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in room #313 - 2 bedroom - 1 with two queen beds, 1- with a King bed - 2...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you Maryrc1961 for taking the time to write your review. I will make sure that our night auditor knows that he provided excellent service to you. We are proud of our team here and we strive every day to provide incredibly personalized and caring service. Thank you for your review and we can not wait to have you back for your next stay!
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was very pleased with my 3-night stay at this Homewood Suites. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite and found it very comfortable and spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly - and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have always been a fan of Hiltons but your staff at Homewood Suites went above and beyond. I was staying there while (two weeks) and everyone at Homewood was amazingly helpful. In particular, Ryan at the front desk always went out of his way to me by name and was happy to help me with any any request. Also, another guy (I didn't catch his name) always asked me how I was doing during the meals. (A really solid breakfast buffet is included every morning and dinners Mon - Thurs) He even offered to pack me up a breakfast to go on my check out day. The rest of the staff was great too - I don't know how housekeeping did it, but they swooped in like cleaning fairies and had my room refreshed if I stepped out for 30 min. The room were always clean and stocked, everything worked, and it felt like somewhere nice to go to (since I wasn't going home). Plenty spacious, nice amenities (full fridge, solid collection of cookware, free wifi).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!