“Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Olympia, Washington
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar for 8 weeks. It couldn't have been better, everyone was super friendly and accommodating. Any minor issues (light bulb out) were resolved immediately. It was very hard being away from home for that long but they made it easier, the front desk staff new my name and greeted me every morning as I was leaving and night when I came back. The room was large, comfortable and clean. My family came for a week to visit and the housekeeping staff even made my 3 years olds little portable blow up bed every day by straightening his blanket and arranging his animals (it was very sweet). The staff always seemed happy to be at work and enjoying their jobs. Courtney, Julie and Norma (there was one other lady and young man whose names I cant remember) made the stay that much more enjoyable with their friendliness and helpfulness. I was originally supposed to stay in the Gaslamp District but I found myself scrambling last minute to find a place that I could live with for 8 weeks. I am extremely happy I happened upon this place!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Temple City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was not very impressed with my stay here but I did not spend much time in the room. We came to this location because we were, my boyfriend and I, going to the SD Zoo and Safari park and this place is only a 20-30 minute drive from each of them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you Elizabeth Z for the review. We are sorry that you were not impressed by our property. We were hoping you would be willing to fill us in on some specifics of your experience, and if there is anything we can do to truly give you an amazing experience next time we would love to know that as well. If you have time please email me at rburke@homewoodsuitesdelmar.com. I would love to hear from you. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed for 1 night on a business trip. Registration was the definition of efficient. In about 2 minutes I was given all of the information that I needed without even asking including being told I had been complementarily upgraded to a nice suite. The room was everything I needed and everything worked well. It was one of those stays when I wished I was staying longer because the room was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Excellent customer service, each of the staff members that I interacted with were above and beyond courteous! A very nice experience.

The complimentary breakfasts and dinners were comprised of quality products, everything was fresh and tasted great. They also made the cost of the room a very good value. Free beer and wine with dinner = best. Thing. EVER.

Room for improvement:
My room smelled musty each time upon entering, but it wasn't unbearable.

I usually see a DVD / Blu-Ray player attached to at least one TV in a room, but there weren't any in this particular room.

I believe they have Direct TV (or similar) in the dining area, but there was only limited availability of cable channels in this particular room.

The $50 fee for Early Check-Out was unexpected and disappointing. I suppose I should have read all of the "fine print" when I booked this stay, but honestly; most business travelers don't, myself included. I was pressed for time when I checked out, so I didn't dispute the charge with the (very gracious) front desk staff. I travel 25% of every year, and I've checked out of several hotels earlier than planned, but his is the first time I've encountered a "penalty" for it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Mike A. for the great review! Having to travel frequently for work sometimes is less fun than it should be, so we are glad we could help you relax and be comfortable while here. Thank you also for the constructive comments, we are always looking for ways to improve and your specific notes have been passed on to our department managers.

Next time you are in San Diego please feel free to give us a call, we would love to have you again.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I must apologize for the extreme tardiness of this review. We stayed here in January 2013 (now it's Nov/13).

Travelling down from Canada, we stayed in Anaheim for 5 days, then drove to San diego and Stayed at the Homewood Suites (San Diego-Del Mar) for another 4 days (perhaps 5). My husband and I were travelling with my daughter, her husband and her two boys, ages 5 and 9. The suite was all we had expected. Two well-appointed rooms - each with separate complete baths - separated by the living room/dining/kitchen are. The entryway was large, which I loved. When booking a two-bedroom suite, you'd expect at least 4 people. We had 6 and the large entryway made going in and out of the suite so easy.

The staff were all cheerful and very helpful. The location was easy to find and close enough to Sea World, the USS Midway and one other place by Sea World that I cannot remember, sad to say, that it was not inconvenient at all.

The food served was well-cooked, well-laid out and tasty. The selection was incredible.

Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
western australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

What an excellent little hotel this was. Stayed with husband and two sons so of course had two suites.
Reception check in was a piece of cake. Couldn't do enough for us even though we got in pretty late.
Suites were spotless and modern. Free breakfasts and dinner during the week were provided and therefore made the hotel excellent value
It's only downfall was the fact it was so far out of San Diego City. We had no car so had to rely on taxis quite a bit but for those people with their own transport it is like an oasis .

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Reasonably priced place to stay with a great staff at the front desk and in the lounge section. Good hot breakfast and clean spacious suites. Manager's reception every night with free food and drink. Rooms are nice, outdoor pool in good shape with a nice outdoor seating area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you Vytas A. for the wonderful review of our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and its amenities. We are also glad you had a chance to enjoy our Welcome Home Dinner. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!