I stayed at this property for 4 weeks in a row (home on weekends). It was for a business trip. Here are my thoughts in a nutshell:
1. Staff went out of their way to make my stay great.....the extra mile....much more than typical hotels....the Nordstrom philosophy.
2. If I had leftover refrigerated items when I checked out on Friday (to return the following Sunday), they kept those items for me in their large refrigerator and then had them in my room refrigerator upon check-in.
3. Stayed in a king room for 3 of the weeks but one week in queen room. That smaller room did not have a lamp by the sofa for reading, etc. so Maintenance brought a floor lamp up to my room for my use!
4. The complimentary dinners were pretty good. I could grab a plate of food and my glass of wine, take it up to the room, go work out, shower, and just heat it up in the microwave when I was ready to eat. Perfect.
5. Fitness center very clean. Had TVs mounted on treadmills and they actually worked! Equipment in great shape. I brought my own headset but once I saw that they had some wrapped in plastic for guests.
6. Staff very helpful with area info, such as dining options.
7. I could have stayed at the Hilton Torrey Pines but for long stays, this property felt like home and I could eat more of my normal diet with bringing food in.
8. They had regular mattress covers on the beds, compared to other Hilton properties that have the updated bed sets (I hate those) that retain your body heat and you sweat all night long if you don't have the air turned down to 65.
1. It is an older property.
2. The bed mattresses were too soft (need replacing) but not to the point where I suffered.
3. One room I stayed in had a warped entry door and it was difficult to lock.
4. Esthetically, furniture is old. Bedside tables crammed into existing space to where the walls had been scraped.
Overall, great place to stay. No luxury here.....just a pleasant, homey, comfortable atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Torrey Hills, near Torrey Pines Beach, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Diego-Del Mar was specially designed to provide you with a secluded, stress-free stay. Our contemporary studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites provide a true residential feel with all the comforts and luxuries of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar Hotel San Diego
- Homewood San Diego
- San Diego Homewood Suites