I stayed at this property for 4 weeks in a row (home on weekends). It was for a business trip. Here are my thoughts in a nutshell:
1. Staff went out of their way to make my stay great.....the extra mile....much more than typical hotels....the Nordstrom philosophy.
2. If I had leftover refrigerated items when I checked out on Friday (to return the following Sunday), they kept those items for me in their large refrigerator and then had them in my room refrigerator upon check-in.
3. Stayed in a king room for 3 of the weeks but one week in queen room. That smaller room did not have a lamp by the sofa for reading, etc. so Maintenance brought a floor lamp up to my room for my use!
4. The complimentary dinners were pretty good. I could grab a plate of food and my glass of wine, take it up to the room, go work out, shower, and just heat it up in the microwave when I was ready to eat. Perfect.
5. Fitness center very clean. Had TVs mounted on treadmills and they actually worked! Equipment in great shape. I brought my own headset but once I saw that they had some wrapped in plastic for guests.
6. Staff very helpful with area info, such as dining options.
7. I could have stayed at the Hilton Torrey Pines but for long stays, this property felt like home and I could eat more of my normal diet with bringing food in.
8. They had regular mattress covers on the beds, compared to other Hilton properties that have the updated bed sets (I hate those) that retain your body heat and you sweat all night long if you don't have the air turned down to 65.
1. It is an older property.
2. The bed mattresses were too soft (need replacing) but not to the point where I suffered.
3. One room I stayed in had a warped entry door and it was difficult to lock.
4. Esthetically, furniture is old. Bedside tables crammed into existing space to where the walls had been scraped.
Overall, great place to stay. No luxury here.....just a pleasant, homey, comfortable atmosphere.