“Awesome staff and facilities” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11025 Vista Sorrento Parkway, San Diego, CA 92130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
los angeles
“Awesome staff and facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travel the United States for work. I stay in so many hotels, mainly Homewood and Hampton Inns. I had to take time from my busy life to write a review.

Staff is amazing. Upon arrival, I was greeted nicely "in the parking lot" by the always smiling maintenance guy. Another staff member walking through the side gate welcomed me home as well. David, in the dinning area, what a superb guy...very help to children and my family. Always happy go lucky. Check Inn ladies, thumbs up. I first got the first floor room with a patio next to the pool, it was too noisy for me since I like to take naps and no cell signal. I was moved to fourth floor corner. Great cell signal and very quite.

I had two room suites with full size kitchen. A king sized bed and and a nice living room. The elevators are quick. There is free dinner M-Th with free alcohol drinks. Full breakfast with nice ladies and David attending to your needs.

What I liked most - in most hotels, the breakfast area close promptly at said time. For instance, if a hotel states breakfast is over at 10:00 am, the staff are cleaning up at 9:45. By 10:00, nothing is out. At Del Mar, if breakfast is over at 10:00, food was still out for late arrival at 10:20..this is unheard of. Furthermore, the breakfast staff are still smiling. Second, during meals, beit breakfast or dinner, the staff comes out and helps with serving and cleaning. For instance, on Thursday evening during the hamburger and hot dog meal (great dinner by the way), hotel staff would walk around the dinner area were serving beer, condiments, water, napkins....they were accommodating. This hotel is near many of the attractions I wanted based on the price I paid. A centrally located hotel was double. The sites were within 15 -30 minutes from where I wanted to be. Balboa Park, Old Town San Diego, Midway Aircraft Carrier, Flag Ship two hour Harbour Tours, and Mesa Rim Rock climbing - If you have kids, do not miss these low cost attractions.

What I liked least - the shower curtains had a slight foul smell. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Without hesitation, I feel this is hands down the best Homewood Suite/Hampton hotel in the entire United States.

Room Tip: stay away from the first floor room near the pools..no cell signals.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff here were extremely friendly and helpful. When my family arrived a couple hours early for our check-in, they gave us a key so we could hang out by the pool while our room was getting ready. The pool was great, and my 5 year old didn't want to get out of it.

The complimentary breakfast service is about what you would expect from a hotel. There aren't a lot of options close to the hotel, so it was nice to be able to grab either a hot or cold breakfast every morning. We did not take advantage of the dinner service as we were out and about well into the evening every day.

When I walked into this Homewood Suites, my first thought was that I'd stayed here before. I'd actually been to a Homewood Suites in St. Louis last year and I found this one in Del Mar nearly indistinguishable from the one in St. Louis. Personally, I like to stay in a hotel with character, something that will stand out so that my trips don't blur together in my memory. This was, however, a great location to stay to achieve our trip objectives of going to Legoland, Sea World, and Old Town San Diego.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor over the main entrance and found it to be very quiet. Another guest sa...
Pacoima, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly and made our stay very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast provided and the evening beer and wine reception (which included a meal) were wonderful. The kids also enjoyed the pool and made for a nice way to end to the days after visiting the local amusement parks and attractions. We all had a wonderful stay and will definitely return.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two years ago and had a positive experience. Our second stay was just as good. This is a nice hotel with outstanding employees. I usually don't take the time to write reviews on hotels but most of my experiences are average. This one was much better.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

As a Diamond member I travel throughout the year and have stayed at numerous Homewood Suites. This is by far the best Homewood Suites I have ever stayed at. The service is impeccable. From the moment you check in to the time you leave they are on top of their game people. Do not stay anywhere else while you are in the San Diego area. They are nonstop on top of their game. The staff care about their guests. This has to happen from the Top, and the staff are bought in. Keep up the great work…See you in a couple of weeks when I return to San Diego for business..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Warren, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a terrific place for a family to stay. The daily complimentary breakfast and certain night complimentary dinner makes travel easy and more affordable. The location of this hotel near Torrey Pines State Park and other beaches and not far from downtown was very pleasing for our family.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at this Homewood Suites for the second time this year. We had stayed here for 2 weeks in February and were so impressed we returned again. Upon arrival, the front desk welcomed us back.

The staff at the buffet greeted us with smiles of recognition. My brother is in a wheelchair and as soon as we arrived, a chair was moved from a table to make room for him and there were the same caring offers of assistance. The accessible room with the roll in shower was well designed and easy to maneuver.

I can't say enough good things about this location! The entire staff are friendly, accommodating and always ready to fulfill any request from their guests. Kudos to the management of this location! It is not often that you can find a hotel with staff that treat their guests as "family"!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!