I travel the United States for work. I stay in so many hotels, mainly Homewood and Hampton Inns. I had to take time from my busy life to write a review.
Staff is amazing. Upon arrival, I was greeted nicely "in the parking lot" by the always smiling maintenance guy. Another staff member walking through the side gate welcomed me home as well. David, in the dinning area, what a superb guy...very help to children and my family. Always happy go lucky. Check Inn ladies, thumbs up. I first got the first floor room with a patio next to the pool, it was too noisy for me since I like to take naps and no cell signal. I was moved to fourth floor corner. Great cell signal and very quite.
I had two room suites with full size kitchen. A king sized bed and and a nice living room. The elevators are quick. There is free dinner M-Th with free alcohol drinks. Full breakfast with nice ladies and David attending to your needs.
What I liked most - in most hotels, the breakfast area close promptly at said time. For instance, if a hotel states breakfast is over at 10:00 am, the staff are cleaning up at 9:45. By 10:00, nothing is out. At Del Mar, if breakfast is over at 10:00, food was still out for late arrival at 10:20..this is unheard of. Furthermore, the breakfast staff are still smiling. Second, during meals, beit breakfast or dinner, the staff comes out and helps with serving and cleaning. For instance, on Thursday evening during the hamburger and hot dog meal (great dinner by the way), hotel staff would walk around the dinner area were serving beer, condiments, water, napkins....they were accommodating. This hotel is near many of the attractions I wanted based on the price I paid. A centrally located hotel was double. The sites were within 15 -30 minutes from where I wanted to be. Balboa Park, Old Town San Diego, Midway Aircraft Carrier, Flag Ship two hour Harbour Tours, and Mesa Rim Rock climbing - If you have kids, do not miss these low cost attractions.
What I liked least - the shower curtains had a slight foul smell. This is nothing out of the ordinary.
Without hesitation, I feel this is hands down the best Homewood Suite/Hampton hotel in the entire United States.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Torrey Hills, near Torrey Pines Beach, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Diego-Del Mar was specially designed to provide you with a secluded, stress-free stay. Our contemporary studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites provide a true residential feel with all the comforts and luxuries of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar Hotel San Diego
- Homewood San Diego
- San Diego Homewood Suites