We stayed for 6 nights. Del Mar is centrally located to everything we wanted to do - Legoland was 20 minutes north, Balboa Park and the Zoo were 20 minutes south. Although it would have been nice to be beachfront, it was only about 5-10 minutes away.
The room was very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping was great! We don't usually use housekeeping every day when staying in hotels, but bringing in so much sand from the beach required daily services. She even worked around us in the room one day when we hadn't left yet, and even though we were in her way she was very cheerful.
We received better service from the dining room staff every day than we did at any of the restaurants we visited in town all week. The breakfasts and dinners were all yummy, and saved us so much money if we had bought the same thing eating out. I wasn't very fond of the beer, but it was very nice to have free wine every night.
And of course, the pool was fun for the kids, even when the rest of us were toast!
I would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar Hotel
- Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar Hotel San Diego
- Homewood Suites San Diego
- Homewood San Diego
- San Diego Homewood Suites
- San Diego Homewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Torrey Hills, near Torrey Pines Beach, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Diego-Del Mar was specially designed to provide you with a secluded, stress-free stay. Our contemporary studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites provide a true residential feel with all the comforts and luxuries of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.