We stayed at Homewood Del Mar for a week. We had the best customer service. Everyone we met there was extremely nice. We actually arrived a couple of hours before check-in, but our room was ready and we were allowed to check in early even though we hadn't requested it on our reservation. We were very thankful for that! We stayed in a one bedroom 2 queen bed suite. We were pleased with the size of the room. Housekeeping was good! Breakfast was good! Hot breakfast included some type of eggs each day which got a little old after 6 days, but it was still good. The variations included: spinach/egg scramble, vegetable/egg scramble, ham/egg scramble, etc. There was usually sausage or bacon included with the eggs. One day biscuits and gravy was on the menu. The evening receptions were great as well! The food was always good. We had lasagna, tacos, and hamburgers/hot dogs. Salad was always served as well and appeared to be fresh each day. The service at breakfast and during the evening receptions was always exceptional. The service was better than we've gotten at some restaurants before. The location of the hotel was also excellent! We were very pleased with the location. We didn't travel anywhere till after 9am to avoid the rush hour traffic and we tried to leave before 4pm to get back to the hotel to avoid the evening rush hour. We went to places such as SeaWorld, the zoo, Old Town San Diego, Coronado, Seaport Village, Sunset Cliffs, etc which are all south of the hotel. The morning traffic was fine. A couple of times we left later than we'd intended to get back to the hotel before the evening rush hour, but the traffic was fine going north. Now the other side of the interstate, was another story. Going into San Diego from the north was always a LOT busier. Each of those places we visited was probably a good 15-20 minute drive from the hotel, but we're used to that going to work each day so that didn't bother us. This hotel definitely deserves the highest rating. They do a great job! Thank you, Homewood! By the way, this was the first Homewood we've stayed in and will most definitely search for others for future vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Torrey Hills, near Torrey Pines Beach, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Diego-Del Mar was specially designed to provide you with a secluded, stress-free stay. Our contemporary studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites provide a true residential feel with all the comforts and luxuries of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar Hotel San Diego
- Homewood San Diego
- San Diego Homewood Suites