“Great service! Great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #11 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Van Buren, Arkansas
“Great service! Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at Homewood Del Mar for a week. We had the best customer service. Everyone we met there was extremely nice. We actually arrived a couple of hours before check-in, but our room was ready and we were allowed to check in early even though we hadn't requested it on our reservation. We were very thankful for that! We stayed in a one bedroom 2 queen bed suite. We were pleased with the size of the room. Housekeeping was good! Breakfast was good! Hot breakfast included some type of eggs each day which got a little old after 6 days, but it was still good. The variations included: spinach/egg scramble, vegetable/egg scramble, ham/egg scramble, etc. There was usually sausage or bacon included with the eggs. One day biscuits and gravy was on the menu. The evening receptions were great as well! The food was always good. We had lasagna, tacos, and hamburgers/hot dogs. Salad was always served as well and appeared to be fresh each day. The service at breakfast and during the evening receptions was always exceptional. The service was better than we've gotten at some restaurants before. The location of the hotel was also excellent! We were very pleased with the location. We didn't travel anywhere till after 9am to avoid the rush hour traffic and we tried to leave before 4pm to get back to the hotel to avoid the evening rush hour. We went to places such as SeaWorld, the zoo, Old Town San Diego, Coronado, Seaport Village, Sunset Cliffs, etc which are all south of the hotel. The morning traffic was fine. A couple of times we left later than we'd intended to get back to the hotel before the evening rush hour, but the traffic was fine going north. Now the other side of the interstate, was another story. Going into San Diego from the north was always a LOT busier. Each of those places we visited was probably a good 15-20 minute drive from the hotel, but we're used to that going to work each day so that didn't bother us. This hotel definitely deserves the highest rating. They do a great job! Thank you, Homewood! By the way, this was the first Homewood we've stayed in and will most definitely search for others for future vacations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My teenaged son and I stayed here for two nights on a college-visiting mission. Our suite was identical to every other Homewood Suites room I've seen -- so, nothing exciting, but clean, spacious, reasonably attractive, and extremely comfortable. It's so nice to have a separate bedroom when traveling with older kids/teens. We enjoyed the free breakfasts and dinners -- the variety of food wasn't huge, but the quality was good. I especially enjoyed the perfectly drinkable free wine with dinner, and the breakfast was fresher and tastier than what was offered at the LA Embassy Suites where we stayed the next night. The staff were all extremely friendly and accommodating, the WiFi was free, everything in the room worked, and we were conveniently located close to UC San Diego. I can't think of another hotel chain that gives you more for your money than Homewood Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very professional and did a great job making my family and I feel welcomed!!! I would recommend this location and can't wait for our future vacations to experience more of the exceptional services!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
lebanon, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed at this Homewood Suites several times. We cannot believe it gets better every time as every time is terrific. Staff always happy to help. They will "bend over backwards" if you have special requests or needs to make it happen. Rooms always perfectly clean. Staff also wonderful about helping you find your way around San Diego with google maps, personal instructions on how to get somewhere, etc.

Also, don't forget, breakfast seven days a week and dinner with wine or beer, four evenings. Who could ask ask for more!

We urge to consider staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Can't think of one - all is great, although if walking is difficult, halls are long - ask for a...
Northern New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a moment during my current stay so I thought I'd write a quick note on this property. Anyway, the Homewood Suites San Diego/Del Mar is a "solid" Hilton property. The furnishings are nice, the pool area is clean/decent size, the staff has been excellent and parking very convenient. That said, I was informed that I'd be on the 4th floor as an "upgrade" due to my HHonors Diamond but the room I got into was a normal Homewood room - but nonsmoking and away from the elevator per my preferences.

I noticed the 4th floor smelled "perfume-y" but didn't instantly react until I was leaving my room the next morning and smelled horrible cigarette smoke in the hallway which was seeping into my room. Thinking someone was breaking the rules I asked at the front desk if smoking was allowed in the property and apparently my room was a non-smoking room surrounded by smoking rooms. I asked if I could be moved to a non-smoking floor but things are apparently booked so I was offered a ionizer in my room to help with the smell.

In this day and age, why would a nicer hotel offer smoking accommodations when all it's going to do is annoy their non-smoking guests and make the whole floor stink?

Definitely would consider staying elsewhere in the future!

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor if you'd rather not breathe 2nd-hand smoke while in the hallway and possibly...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited June. Easy check in and out at this North County Homewood located within a short drive of Torrey Pines State Reserve Beach, the RaceTrack / County Fair and 25 minutes to SeaWorld. Free parking a plus. Staff attentive to needs and requests. Can get detailed custom printed driving directions to locale destinations and restaurants although a GPS system also helpful. Plenty of towels at the pool. Jacuzzi set too hot to use. Comped breakfasts and dinners are real money savers for families with kids as is the fully furnished kitchens for preparing snacks etc. Only two kid friendly tv channels to choose from so bring along other options to entertain them at pre-bedtime. Laundry room has two washers and two dryers taking four quarters each. Soap for sale at desk but bring your own if possible. Small workout room is functional.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

glendale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Awesome staff! good location! we will go back already have rooms booked for next year we went for a nys football tournament this year with the dv barracudas won over the az. rebels pee wee division champions awesome game 21-6 we will see them again next year in the tournament go cudas!!!! in pop warner

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!