“THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
lebanon, nh
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed at this Homewood Suites several times. We cannot believe it gets better every time as every time is terrific. Staff always happy to help. They will "bend over backwards" if you have special requests or needs to make it happen. Rooms always perfectly clean. Staff also wonderful about helping you find your way around San Diego with google maps, personal instructions on how to get somewhere, etc.

Also, don't forget, breakfast seven days a week and dinner with wine or beer, four evenings. Who could ask ask for more!

We urge to consider staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Can't think of one - all is great, although if walking is difficult, halls are long - ask for a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Northern New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a moment during my current stay so I thought I'd write a quick note on this property. Anyway, the Homewood Suites San Diego/Del Mar is a "solid" Hilton property. The furnishings are nice, the pool area is clean/decent size, the staff has been excellent and parking very convenient. That said, I was informed that I'd be on the 4th floor as an "upgrade" due to my HHonors Diamond but the room I got into was a normal Homewood room - but nonsmoking and away from the elevator per my preferences.

I noticed the 4th floor smelled "perfume-y" but didn't instantly react until I was leaving my room the next morning and smelled horrible cigarette smoke in the hallway which was seeping into my room. Thinking someone was breaking the rules I asked at the front desk if smoking was allowed in the property and apparently my room was a non-smoking room surrounded by smoking rooms. I asked if I could be moved to a non-smoking floor but things are apparently booked so I was offered a ionizer in my room to help with the smell.

In this day and age, why would a nicer hotel offer smoking accommodations when all it's going to do is annoy their non-smoking guests and make the whole floor stink?

Definitely would consider staying elsewhere in the future!

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor if you'd rather not breathe 2nd-hand smoke while in the hallway and possibly...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited June. Easy check in and out at this North County Homewood located within a short drive of Torrey Pines State Reserve Beach, the RaceTrack / County Fair and 25 minutes to SeaWorld. Free parking a plus. Staff attentive to needs and requests. Can get detailed custom printed driving directions to locale destinations and restaurants although a GPS system also helpful. Plenty of towels at the pool. Jacuzzi set too hot to use. Comped breakfasts and dinners are real money savers for families with kids as is the fully furnished kitchens for preparing snacks etc. Only two kid friendly tv channels to choose from so bring along other options to entertain them at pre-bedtime. Laundry room has two washers and two dryers taking four quarters each. Soap for sale at desk but bring your own if possible. Small workout room is functional.

glendale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Awesome staff! good location! we will go back already have rooms booked for next year we went for a nys football tournament this year with the dv barracudas won over the az. rebels pee wee division champions awesome game 21-6 we will see them again next year in the tournament go cudas!!!! in pop warner

Omaha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this Homewood Suites because we had experienced it last year and enjoyed it. This year was just as enjoyable if not more so. The staff is helpful and go out of their way to help. The location of the hotel is North of the city of San Diego so it's in between Legoland and Sea World if you are making a trip with the family. Overall I would recommend this facility to others.

San Leandro, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The front desk staff greets us with a friendly smile and are very helpful. They even left a message to call if we need anything. The buffet attendant is very attentive. I was squeezing the last serving of the chocolate waffle topping when he approached me and said he will get me new bottle. He was fast, but I said it is ok since I hate throwing away that bottle that still has enough serving for me. They are so helpful they even offer to bus your dishes at the breakfast buffet! The only thing I miss is that the property seems older and does not have the perky atmosphere I expected compared to other higher class Hilton family hotels. I am a Hilton Honors member, so I have been to all Hilton hotel family. The room could use a bit of freshening up. The pool needs some Chlorine, perhaps it was not on tip top condition since I used it on a Saturday. Check out is a zip.

Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Usually I write Pro’s and Con’s on my reviews. Going to be hard with this one since there weren’t any con’s for this hotel during our stay. The details:

Good location. About 20 minutes from the airport.
25 from Downtown San Diego. Seaworld. Lego Land
30-35 from San Diego Zoo and San Diego Safari park.
Great central location away from the hustle of a big city.

Hotel. Great property. Everything was clean and fresh. The morning breakfast was great. The kids enjoyed making their own waffles. Fresh coffee every morning. Eggs, etc. The evening dinner during the week was also a great feature. We took advantage of it on 2 nights, one night was a bbq night and the burgers and hot dogs were perfect. And if you wanted something else but didn’t want to wander away from the property the Hilton Garden Inn (sister property next door) had a great place (Bistro 39) to order and pick up food within walking distance.

The beds were great when we turned in for the day!

The Staff. Great!!! Helpful with any question or request. Always smiling. Everything you would want when staying at a hotel away from home.

Overall one of the best hotels we’ve stayed at. Look forward to staying here again when we are in the area. Thanks Homewood Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!