“A Delightful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Delightful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited June. Easy check in and out at this North County Homewood located within a short drive of Torrey Pines State Reserve Beach, the RaceTrack / County Fair and 25 minutes to SeaWorld. Free parking a plus. Staff attentive to needs and requests. Can get detailed custom printed driving directions to locale destinations and restaurants although a GPS system also helpful. Plenty of towels at the pool. Jacuzzi set too hot to use. Comped breakfasts and dinners are real money savers for families with kids as is the fully furnished kitchens for preparing snacks etc. Only two kid friendly tv channels to choose from so bring along other options to entertain them at pre-bedtime. Laundry room has two washers and two dryers taking four quarters each. Soap for sale at desk but bring your own if possible. Small workout room is functional.

746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
glendale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Awesome staff! good location! we will go back already have rooms booked for next year we went for a nys football tournament this year with the dv barracudas won over the az. rebels pee wee division champions awesome game 21-6 we will see them again next year in the tournament go cudas!!!! in pop warner

Omaha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this Homewood Suites because we had experienced it last year and enjoyed it. This year was just as enjoyable if not more so. The staff is helpful and go out of their way to help. The location of the hotel is North of the city of San Diego so it's in between Legoland and Sea World if you are making a trip with the family. Overall I would recommend this facility to others.

San Leandro, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The front desk staff greets us with a friendly smile and are very helpful. They even left a message to call if we need anything. The buffet attendant is very attentive. I was squeezing the last serving of the chocolate waffle topping when he approached me and said he will get me new bottle. He was fast, but I said it is ok since I hate throwing away that bottle that still has enough serving for me. They are so helpful they even offer to bus your dishes at the breakfast buffet! The only thing I miss is that the property seems older and does not have the perky atmosphere I expected compared to other higher class Hilton family hotels. I am a Hilton Honors member, so I have been to all Hilton hotel family. The room could use a bit of freshening up. The pool needs some Chlorine, perhaps it was not on tip top condition since I used it on a Saturday. Check out is a zip.

Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Usually I write Pro’s and Con’s on my reviews. Going to be hard with this one since there weren’t any con’s for this hotel during our stay. The details:

Good location. About 20 minutes from the airport.
25 from Downtown San Diego. Seaworld. Lego Land
30-35 from San Diego Zoo and San Diego Safari park.
Great central location away from the hustle of a big city.

Hotel. Great property. Everything was clean and fresh. The morning breakfast was great. The kids enjoyed making their own waffles. Fresh coffee every morning. Eggs, etc. The evening dinner during the week was also a great feature. We took advantage of it on 2 nights, one night was a bbq night and the burgers and hot dogs were perfect. And if you wanted something else but didn’t want to wander away from the property the Hilton Garden Inn (sister property next door) had a great place (Bistro 39) to order and pick up food within walking distance.

The beds were great when we turned in for the day!

The Staff. Great!!! Helpful with any question or request. Always smiling. Everything you would want when staying at a hotel away from home.

Overall one of the best hotels we’ve stayed at. Look forward to staying here again when we are in the area. Thanks Homewood Suites.

Orange County Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a quick get away to San Diego this past week. Stayed at Homewood suites after a very pleasurable stay in Sacramento Homewood suites. Again, this did not disappoint. Del Mar is a little outside San Diego proper but that was not a problem as we only went into the city to go to Balboa Park and hit some of the museums one afternoon. Next day was spent at La Jolla beach/ tidepools and Torey pines hiking.
The hotel itself was great. The food offered at dinner was plentiful and satisfied my 3 teenagers and my husband and myself. (Of course they were hungry in 3 hours but they do that with my meals also ). One night was baked potato bar /salad bar, next night bbq hamburgers and hot dogs. Of course this is not 5 star restaurant food but that is not the experience I was going for. After dinner my husband and I finshed our wine while the kids played in the pool .

We had a 2 bedroom suite with a central living/kitchen area which worked out great! Spacious, clean, comfortable. Staff was very helpful, they provided a dvd player, and the kitchen staff were courteous and helpful. The only thing that could be improved was the cushions on the sofa were a little flat.
Overall great trip . Can't wait until we can return.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite, great!
Regina, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was the last stop for my husband, my 10 month old and myself on a three week California vacation, so we were hoping for a great hotel and were not disappointed! From the moment we walked through the front doors we instantly felt at home. The staff at this hotel are incredible! They went above and beyond every single day of our 9 day stay. Breakfast and supper were always tasty, and the kitchen staff became like a second family to us! They were attentive, considerate and always willing to help out! We often needed something for our 10 month old to eat that wasn't out on the buffet, and they came through every time! During the day there is always coffee, ice water, tea, etc out for guests which is a nice touch. Having the coin laundry was a nice convenience especially with a baby. The pool was a perfect way to end off the day! I honestly cannot say enough positive things about this hotel! I would highly recommend it, and my family will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!