“My perfect home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #11 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Brea, California
“My perfect home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Whenever I work in the area, I stay here. The staff is professional, efficient and friendly. The rooms are quiet, well furnished and clean. I feel confident that I will get a clean room and quiet so I can get my work done and rest comfortably. Another perk is that they serve a hot breakfast and dinner items in the evenings but that is not why I stay here. The quality of the lodging and the staff is truly excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
fairfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was traveling with two children, and this hotel looked like it would be a great one night stopover on our way thru. Free food when you have teenagers is always a huge plus!! The extra space in a one bedroom suite, and the two seperate televisions was also top on my list. Unfortunately while in San Diego my 16 year old son suffered a sudden medical issue causing us to remain in the area for three months! Homewood Suites took us in and kindly extended our stay while my son remained in the hospital and recovered. We became like family as each member of the staff showed their concern, and offered their support. The amenities this hotel offers, along with the one of a kind employee team, made our extremely stressful situation bearable. Monica at the front desk, was always willing to help with mailing or faxing the growing amount of paperwork I was being given. David, the two Normas, and Karla, who worked in the kitchen, also did their best to take care of us, and fill our needs. There was always a variety of food, and it was hot and tasty. My daughter ate a waffle every morning!! We also appreciated the housekeeping staff who was very understanding and patient with all our needs. The management as well, especially Ann-Marie and Andrew really went above and beyond anything I could of hoped for during our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to San Diego, whether its one night or three months. Its location is a bit out of the city, but they make up for it with the service, and no parking fees!!! You must go check it out for yourself!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights with our three children in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, suite. I have nothing but good things to say about this property. The staff are friendly the rooms are modern and clean. The complementary breakfast was wonderful with a great choice of foods. The complementary dinner was really nice and a fantastic way to save some money as a family, even free beer and wine with dinner. We checked out at 5am and were kindly offered juice and muffins to take with us for breakfast. I was most impressed with the help we received when we realized we had left an iphone in the room. After we contacted the front desk (we were already in Las Vegas at the time) they located the phone and had it shipped to our next stop in San Fransisco where it was waiting for us when we checked in which was a huge relief and we were not charged any delivery fee. I would recommend this hotel to anyone maybe the only negative is that no shops or family resturants are walking distance but they are a very short drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Granite Bay,California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in July with my two teenage sons. We had a two BR suite, which provided lots of space. Nice, fully equipped kitchen. We did not take advantage of the dinners since we were usually late coming back from the beach. The hotel is a bit remote from the attractions, though the price and the property makes up for it. Note: we really liked the Homewood Suites at the airport, but for $80 less I drive an additional 10 minutes any time!!! There are also plenty of restaurants within a short driving distance, and the highway exit is real close. I really need to also call out the staff - very courteous and helpful. We arrived a bit early, and our room was not ready. We were told it would take another 10 min, which was not a problem given our early arrival. So we waited by the pool. It ended up being 20 min, which again was no problem. However when we got to our room, we were presented with a small gift basket of popcorn, candy and some water for "our trouble". At small gesture, but just showing that this is a staff that is going out of its way to make you feel comfortable!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sawtry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days during our trip toSan Diego, after reading such good reveiws and this property did not fail to deliver.We enjoyed having the one king bed suite, very comfortable bed with separate bedroom and living and dining space.The service was second to none, the kitchen area has a full size refigerator, dishwasher, microwave and four ring top, with coffee maker supplied.
There is complimentary coffee in the dining area, the breakfast are more than sufficient with oatmeal, cereals, fruit,yoghurt pastries, bread for toast and at least two hot selections every day.

They only do the complimentary evening snacks from Mon-Thursday which is a shame as they are really good and with salad or fries, and meatballs or similar put on. There is the Hilton Garden Inn next door but is quite expensive, but we managed a steak sandwich and fries for $10 each, the 39 Bistro only open in the week does really good sandwiches as well.

With free parking and complimentary internet could not fault this property at all and it fully desrves the excellent rating i wish all motel/hotels could be of this standard it will be hard to beat.It is obviously very popular as it was always very full and with lots of famillies. The only one drawback we found was the pool looks like it has been put in as an afterthought as it is facing the wrong way for any sun and plonked between two wings is always in the shade. The service doors also lead onto it and with constant staff banging the doors makes it very noisy and annoying.As we were going round the parks we did not find the need for the pool but it would have been the crowning glory to such a nice property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have never been so pleased with the customer service I received at this hotel. I accumulate about 65 hotels nights a year and most or all are in Hilton brand Hotels. I can say that this hotel had the most efficient check-in and the nicest front desk staff I have ever experienced. I stay at this hotel every single time I am in the San Diego.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of the rooms. If you want to enjoy the wool, the first floor is nice. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We just recently stayed at the hotel (19 Oct - 20 Oct) room 340. I have stayed there before and had a pleasant experience but this time was a little different. As soon as we got in our room we noticed the light was out in the bathroom area. I called to the desk to ask for maintenance and 40 minutes later they changed the light bulb only to go out again 10 minutes later. The fixture should have had 2 light bulbs in it but I guess the other ballist was bad and didn't work. Add 2 ballist bad now. I had to remove the lamp shades next to the mirror for light in the area for my wife to get ready. The next morning at 7:00 am the fire alarm went off while my wife was drying her hair. Not knowing if it was just our room I asked Monica at the front desk what we should do and she replied( continue to dry your hair) no explanation at all whether it was just our room or the Hotel in general. The next morning the elevator smelled like someone had thrown up in it. I again called Monica to let her know and all she said was(we are working on it) Not good customer service skills to say the least. One more thing, the bathroom door was pulling away from the door jam causing it to rub and make a loud noise every time it opened and shut. Try sleeping through that in the middle of the night if someone needs to use the facility. I don't think we will be staying there again!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MarcFrancois, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
First, let me start by thanking you for choosing to stay with us again, however, I'm very sorry to read that everything with your stay was not up to par. We strive to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible experience with all staff members and aspects of our hotel.

I can assure you that we have addressed each of your concerns with all of the involved departments, and we are committed to delivering a higher standard of service in the future. We invite you to join us the next time you're in San Diego, furthermore, we look forward to your continued feedback. Your comments and experiences are crucial to making sure we deliver the best possible experience for every guest that stays with us.

Again, we express our sincerest apologies that your stay was not perfect, and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites very soon!

My Best,
Marc François, Management Intern
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego/Del Mar

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!