“Best Customer Service I Have Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #5 of 272 Hotels in San Diego
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Customer Service I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have never been so pleased with the customer service I received at this hotel. I accumulate about 65 hotels nights a year and most or all are in Hilton brand Hotels. I can say that this hotel had the most efficient check-in and the nicest front desk staff I have ever experienced. I stay at this hotel every single time I am in the San Diego.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of the rooms. If you want to enjoy the wool, the first floor is nice. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Washington, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We just recently stayed at the hotel (19 Oct - 20 Oct) room 340. I have stayed there before and had a pleasant experience but this time was a little different. As soon as we got in our room we noticed the light was out in the bathroom area. I called to the desk to ask for maintenance and 40 minutes later they changed the light bulb only to go out again 10 minutes later. The fixture should have had 2 light bulbs in it but I guess the other ballist was bad and didn't work. Add 2 ballist bad now. I had to remove the lamp shades next to the mirror for light in the area for my wife to get ready. The next morning at 7:00 am the fire alarm went off while my wife was drying her hair. Not knowing if it was just our room I asked Monica at the front desk what we should do and she replied( continue to dry your hair) no explanation at all whether it was just our room or the Hotel in general. The next morning the elevator smelled like someone had thrown up in it. I again called Monica to let her know and all she said was(we are working on it) Not good customer service skills to say the least. One more thing, the bathroom door was pulling away from the door jam causing it to rub and make a loud noise every time it opened and shut. Try sleeping through that in the middle of the night if someone needs to use the facility. I don't think we will be staying there again!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MarcFrancois, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
First, let me start by thanking you for choosing to stay with us again, however, I'm very sorry to read that everything with your stay was not up to par. We strive to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible experience with all staff members and aspects of our hotel.

I can assure you that we have addressed each of your concerns with all of the involved departments, and we are committed to delivering a higher standard of service in the future. We invite you to join us the next time you're in San Diego, furthermore, we look forward to your continued feedback. Your comments and experiences are crucial to making sure we deliver the best possible experience for every guest that stays with us.

Again, we express our sincerest apologies that your stay was not perfect, and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites very soon!

My Best,
Marc François, Management Intern
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just returned from a 8 day vacation to the San Diego area. My Wife and I like to travel and see new things and look for a home base to travel around. The location was Great as we were not in the city but close to all the attractions we wanted to see, Zoo, Safari, Torrey Pines, Balboa park, Midway, Cabrillo National Park and even a trip to L.A.. The Hotel service was nothing short of Awesome! From the Front desk staff to the staff who cleaned our rooms. The Breakfast offered was a great start to the day and the meals served at the end of the day were very good and saved us alot in food costs and time. It was nice to get back after a full day of traveling to a Hot meal and a few Beers and a relaxing quiet room. Highly Recommended, wouldn't stay anywhere else in San Diego!

Room Tip: We had a suite and never really used the kitchenette. With the Breakfast and end of day meal, didn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Colfax, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We picked this hotel because we liked the reviews and thought we would take the risk. We arrived at 9 pm after a four hour drive and the Bistro 39 was very gracious to fix us a sandwich even when it was 5 minutes to closing. The free breakfast was good except the fruit was canned. Scrambled eggs and meat was always different which was great since we were there for four breakfasts. The weeknight dinner was only tried one evening and it was good also. The rooms are well kept and clean. Staff was very friendly. There is nothing in walking distance but we had a car so that was ok. Only a couple miles to restaurants or fast food if you need it. I do think it was a bit high for the price since you are not near the beaches or any attractions. One weird thing is that they need to trim their trees away from windows and walls. We had one windy night and they were scratching against windows and walls. We will stay again since none of these are major complaints for us.

Room Tip: Not within walking distance of anything.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife, daughter, two young grandsons and I had a great stay at Homewood Suites in SD/Delmar. We thought breakfast was good. My 2.5 yr grandson was especially pleased with the Mickey Mouse pancakes offered Sunday morning. The staff were all efficient and friendly. The room was quiet (really important for the other guests when traveling with a toddler and a baby), clean, and well kept. There was Starbucks coffee available around the clock!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here while visiting San Diego for a day at Sea World. The hotel was great. We had the complimentary dinner the first night we arrived. The food was decent considering most hotels do not offer an evening meal. Breakfast was good, the room was clean and quiet. I did have a couple of small issues though. 1. the pool was cold, I do not think they heat it 2. the dryer in the laundry room took all night to dry a load of laundry 3. there are no services within walking distance, the hotel is in a business park, this was not an issue for us but may be for someone staying there without a car. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Diego and looking for a nice quiet place to stay.

Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has been a gem find for my family of travelers. We stayed a week and have to say that the employees were really top notch when it came to customer service. Nearly every single person made us feel welcome and/or went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The grounds were kept up. Breakfast every morning was very convenient and not too crowded.. The waffles were our favorite. A great bonus also was the complimentary nightly dinner service. Comfort foods and fresh salad fixings made it easy for us after a long day at Sea World, the Zoo, or our beach adventures.

The hotel is a bit off the beaten path but located in a very nice and quiet part of Del Mar. We found upscale restaurants just to the north and and we really didn't mind the short 15 minute drive to the theme parks, Mission Beach, etc. Each of the three families in our party would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to others looking for a relaxing and less crowded accommodation option.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar? Share your experiences!