“Reservation” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Corona, California, United States
“Reservation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Let me begin by saying that my husband uses this hotel with regularity and this is my review based on our stay in September. First room we received was smoke laden, not good for a non-smoking room, then they moved us to Room 338. Ruptured ceiling and shabby, old furniture. We reported and documented the problem as soon as we were put into the room. No one ever came up to look at the ceiling when we were there. Funny how they forget about you so quickly. The worst part of my stay with him was that I got over 2 dozen bug bits all over my body, also documented and sent to their management. We did receive credit for our stay and a bag of candy. What I'm most upset about is that I never received an apology, just a comment from their GM that it could just be a rash...I know bug bits when I see/feel them and have the photographs to prove it. I'm still waiting for a response to an email I personally sent to the GM, but have not heard from her (Ms. Kimble). Apparently they are SO big that a customer can be forgotten about and dismissed so easily. SHAME on them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have stayed here four times and it's a very comfortable Homewood Suites. Close easy on and off access to I5, close to the airport too. TV channels are bad; Lodgnet ugly. But I was told that come December, it will change. I sure hope so since this hotel is so well run otherwise.

I do like the bfast except for the scrambled eggs which are bad. Their waffle mix is pretty darn good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ankara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you look at the title there is nothing to say more for this hotel. Housekeeping is working very hard. what you say to them they are trying to do almost in seconds. The staff is excellent too. My special thanks to David. Location is very safe neıghborhood and you can walk at nights. The food quality is above average if you consider it's a small hotel. Hotel was full when we stayed and there was no parking problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This was our last stop to end a two-week vacation taking us the entire length of route 1/101 starting in Washington. The Homewood offered a pleasant conclusion. The location was perfect, giving us quick access to the interstate roads. In addition, the suite was spacious enough for the two of us with an impressive kitchenette. Homewood's staff, including the managers, was friendly and accessible. You definitely get your money's worth as they offer a 'guests reception' meal with beer/wine four evenings a week along with breakfast at no charge. In addition, a very quiet night on a comfortable bed. We will come here again, for sure, the next time we come to San Diego!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Blaine, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at Homewood Suites for seven nights and it was a hit and miss. There were things that they excelled in and others that they failed in.

PROS:
-Excellent staff (most of them). They are very polite and always greet you when they see you, even when they are not at the front counter. The managers are always around to provide assistance.
- Ample parking
- Bed and pillows are comfortable
- Housekeeping is outstanding and does a great job every day
- Good area. Very convenient and within driving distance to good restaurants and parks.
- Excellent manager's receptions. Food is wonderful and staff is extremely helpful and hands on. Kudos to the very sweet woman (food prep?) who seems to be there during the mornings and evenings. She has a wonderful spirit and is always friendly and cheerful even though she seems to have long hours.
-Coffee and ice water is available in lobby all the time.

CONS:
- Rooms are VERY small. It was pretty impossible to fit a crib in the living room (we had a one bedroom suite) with the pull out couch. There was no room to walk around at all. Luggage placement was a big issue.
- Rooms are very outdated. Furniture is very old and walls are a solid peach everywhere. It feels very claustrophobic and not the usual hilton standards.
- No dishwasher soap or dish soap. You have to go to front counter to request this.
- We requested a crib on our reservation and requested delivery of the crib ASAP the moment we checked in as the baby was tired and needed to nap. It took an hour and four phone calls before the crib showed up. When it showed up, it was dirty. This is unacceptable. Most good hotels would have the crib in your room when you check in or at least deliver it in the first fifteen minutes. They would also sanitize it before they deliver it to you.
- Cable tv is shoddy. Not sure what kind of cable they use...perhaps internet tv? It was fuzzy and had poor quality. Gave us a headache watching it. We were unable to watch cable the entire time we were there and had to rent videos instead. The remote control didn't work properly and the channels were terrible.
- They used energy saving lights in certain parts of the room i.e. kitchen which was terribly inconvenient. It took more than five minutes for the light bulb to warm up and provide actual light instead of the regular bulb. Very irritating to have to stand there and wait for light if you need to go to the kitchen to get something. The hallway light (which is a regular bulb) did not provide enough light into the kitchen.
- Walls are very thin and we can hear the neigbhours quite clearly. They were not being loud, just regular conversation and we can hear them in our room. We can also hear the people above us walking around.
- Free breakfast is terrible. Quality is subpar, especially the crossiants/muffins/pastries. Yogurt is not individually packed; hygiene and food safety might be compromised since it's just a giant bowl of yogurt on ice.
- The design of the rooms are very odd. Bathroom door opens OUTWARDS into the sink area so no one can stand at the sink when the door is opening. Power switches are difficult to reach and in awkward positions.

In conclusion, it's an ok hotel, depending on what you are looking for. We travelled with a young family and were not looking for absolute luxury but still found some concerns that needed addressing. It was not an unpleasant stay but it was uncomfortable in some regards. It is obvious that the hotel's mandate is very customer oriented and we appreciated that. Nonetheless, we would encourage the management to look into some of these issues. We are big fans of Homewood Suites and Hilton in general and look forward to improvements.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kevin E, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted all necessary teams to ensure these problems do not happen again. I understand the condition of your provided furniture, guest room and breakfast area were of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to our city.

Kevin Escoto
Director of Operations
Lake Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at homewood suites from March 07, 2010 to Aug 31st 2010, as part of my project.
I felt as if i am at a nice home away from my home.
The staff led by Andrew Kalfayan and team were excellent.
Some weeks I had to travel and their late check ins were superb and I appreciate all staff.

Room Tip: I took the room close to gym....