“BEST GREEK FOOD EVER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greek Islands Cafe

Greek Islands Cafe
Seaport Village, 879 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
6192395216
Cuisines: Greek, Vegetarian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Greek Islands Cafe has been open in the same location for 34 years. With our picturesque views and amazing homemade food, its has been a local favorite for many years and hopefully years to come. All our desserts are made in house and well as some of our specialties like Pasticcio and Spanakopits as well as Dolmades.
Bellaire, Texas
“BEST GREEK FOOD EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I actually ate here for dinner one night and the next day for lunch! Outstanding greek food! It is family owned and operated, and such a treat! Super clean and super tasty! Fun to sit outside and eat by the water!

Visited August 2013

San Diego, California
“Good enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food overall was very good. I will not say it was to die for, but for having "healthier" alternative to eat at in this area works for me. Great areas outside front or back to sit and let the kids run around.

Visited July 2013
Green Valley, Arizona
“Lots of Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you enjoy Greek food, the Greek Islands Cafe is a must! The atmosphere is very casual offering inside and outside seating. Orders are taken at the counter and each platter is made individually to order. Ingredients were very fresh and the portions were huge! My husband had the Souvlaki plate and I had the grilled Chicken salad plate. Both came with a generous amount of salad and pita bread. A sign in the restaurant stated it had been around for 32 years...no wonder to us!

Visited June 2013
Salt Lake City, UT
“Gyros are average, I'd come back though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nothing too special about their food - I'm a big Greek food connoisseur though. I had the gyro with a side of spanakopita. The gyro was pretty good, nothing to write home about but I'd order it again. The spanakopita however was some of the worst I've had. The pastry was soggy (meaning not fresh) so who knows how long it had been sitting around - or perhaps they warmed it up in the microwave? It's a decent option for the seaport village though which from my experience is a bit lacking in good food. If I'm staying at a nearby hotel again, I'd give Greek Islands a second chance.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California
“we came back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had eaten here several years ago and on this anniversary trip I was looking forward to coming back. I love greek food.
Last time I am pretty sure I just ordered the gyros without even looking at the menu. This time I noticed they had souvlaki. The difference? Not much, the meat. It was wonderful. I had a huge salad on the side. Hubby had the grilled chicken/salad. Good to, but not as good as mine! Beautiful day sitting outside by the water, shooooing off the pigeons. Nice greek music. A fav spot for me when in town.

Visited May 2013