“Lured in by the Sight and Smell of the Food Being Eaten Out on the Patio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Buon Appetito

Buon Appetito
1609 India St, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92101-2515 (Downtown)
619-238-9880
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buon Appetito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 3,683 Restaurants in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Coaster stop 3 blocks south-west, bus stop on the south east corner, trolley tours stop on the south east corner.
Description: Urban Italian groove, old country cuisine with a modern flare. Buzzing with vibrant energy.Rotating local artists splashing their creations on our walls as we bring our culinary prowess to your table. Sustainable & local is our mantra. Our menu screams old school classics yet our specials are whimsical creations from whats in season. Quail, rabbit, lamb ~ Homemade gnocchi, lasagne and ravioli rock the casbah...Gluten-free & whole grain pastas are available as well as a wide variety of vegetarian items to choose from. "A day without wine is a day without sunshine" over 100 bottles & more than 20 by the glass are offered to dazzle and delight. This list is off the hook! Small, boutique wineries from all over the world! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high quality products for an enchanting experience for all of our guests. Raise your glass and fill your soul with heart and goodness ~ cheers!
San Diego, California
“Lured in by the Sight and Smell of the Food Being Eaten Out on the Patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We happened to be walking by with intention to eat elsewhere. Our plans changed after walking past this restaurant's patio area and seeing the delectable dishes being eaten by the various patio patrons. I think we made a wise decision because I plan to make more trips to this restaurant in the future.
They had one interesting choice that I had to try-Sauteed chicken livers over a bed of arugula/radicchio salad. It was delicious ! We also ordered a meat and cheese plate which was overwhelming huge but packed with pretty good quality meat and cheese choices. We also tried their polenta which was topped with various types of mushrooms in a savory sauce. I noticed many other customers that ordered some type of dish that came is a tortilla shell ? It was not something I expected in an Italian restaurant but I plan to explore that the next time I dine here as everything we ordered was above par in my book.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio
“Worthwhile place for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Enjoyable food and very attentive service. Well worth having dinner here. We will return when we are in town again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Best Meal in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a great time in this restaurant, and the food was amazing! My friends and I all got different dishes so we could sample all of them. I had the ravioli, and it was the best I have ever had. The waiter said it is one of their specialties. The lamb was really good and so was the lasagna. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Little Italy. It is definitely worth it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were headed to another restaurant in Little Italy, but decided to try this one instead. So glad we did!! It was wonderful. The appetizer I had with sauteed spinach, roasted tomatoes and mozzarella was fabulous, only to be topped by the pasta, which was stuffed with veal in a tomato sauce. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting San Diego. It's a real find!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
san diego, ca
“almost like Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

the food is as close to italy as you can find in san diego. good service. wish the pastas were all homemade though.

Visited October 2012