“An awesome experience...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kono's Cafe

Kono's Cafe
704 Garnet Ave, San Diego, CA 92109-2408 (Pacific Beach)
858-483-1669
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Cumming, Georgia
“An awesome experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place is an absolute gem on the beach in San Diego. I found out about it on a Best Of San Diego website. All the locals frequent this tiny surf shack on Mission Beach where they serve breakfast all day. We got there early because we were still on Eastern time, got our breakfast and sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful view of the Pacific. It is awesome watching the locals biking, running, and moving all over the beach. We loved it so much we went back again the second day... All in all this was the best place we ate in San Diego.

Visited June 2013

“This place can't be beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

There is no better place to get breakfast in San Diego.. Prices food and views can't be beat. In the summer there is often a line, but it moves fast. The burritos can be shared unless your super hungry.. I recommend the egg burritos, and or pancakes. Try and sit outside by the pier, the view can't be any better, just watch out for the birds trying to sneak your food..

Visited July 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“Great Breakfast and Coffee spot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The best breakfast in PB. When the line is out the door you can still get coffee from the outside coffee stand. We went there every day on vacation.

“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great location and food! We had breakfast for lunch and loved it. The breakfast potatoes are the best.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Huge portions of really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The wife & I rode our bicycles to Kono's for breakfast. We heard about the lines, but what the heck, we were going anyway. Arrived around 8am on Sunday to a short line. Only about 8 ahead of us. The line went forward steadily. My wife had to have her coffee, so off she went to the outside coffee bar leaving me to remember her order AND mine. Anyway, she ordered the breakfast burrito with avacado. I ordered the big breakfast. Big mistake! We never touched the burrito, but shared most of the big breakfast.

Nice scrambled eggs. Not crispy. I dont like onions, so I asked if they offered that option? He said yes & it was "game on". There was two slices of toast & bacon. The potatoes seemed a little old, but still good.

I transported the large burrito home in my water bottle holder on my bike! Lol. Was great for a shared breakfast the next morning. We both love this place.

An important side note:
Unknown to me, my wallet had fallen out of my shorts in the bathroom. My wife & I walked around watching the surfers & rode about 1/4 mile down the boardwalk before I realized I had a missing wallet. Not sure what had happened, I rode back to the restaurant "poste haste". Upon arrival, one of the waitresses met me outside to tell me they found my wallet. The man taking orders had it behind the counter. Nothing was missing. OMG! They have my most humble appreciation! Kudo's to Kono's!

• Visited June 2013