“Crazy Burger Place...You Gotta Go” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hodad's

Hodad's
5010 Newport Ave, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92107 (Ocean Beach)
(619) 224-4623
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Crazy Burger Place...You Gotta Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Wholly Moley you got to go here. The burgers are awesome and the shakes are monstrous! I had the Guido burger that was created for Guy Fieri and it was marvelous. My wife had the bluejay burger and loved it until she had a bite of my Guido burger and regretted not getting it. The service was great and the atmosphere was a cross between surfer/route66/attic with a concrete floor. Everything was delicious and hot. Good experience and I recommend that you check it out if you're down in San Diego. We had our two kids and they were really cool to them bringing them giant shakes and plenty of napkins. I wouldn't take them there at night but we stopped by around 4pm and it was a good experience for them.

• Polish first
Durham, North Carolina
“Best Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was a long wait in a not-so-great part of town, but it was totally worth it. That was the best burger I've ever had. My co-worker got a different burger and said the same thing, so apparently you can't wrong with any of them.

Visited June 2013
Durango, Colorado
“By far the best burger I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here on vacation and we have been craving it ever since. Their fries and shakes are to die for too. We ate in the bus it was very fun. The downside? You will never be happy with another burger again!

San Diego
“Great Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've always been a big burger kind of gal, and Hodad's is one of my fav. They have these delicious mini burgers that I just can't get enough of. A must try if you are in the San Diego Area.

San Jose, California
“Crazy Surfer-Hippie Joint, Wild Burgers and Shakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I heard about Hodad's on the Tonight Show as Guy Fieri told Leno his five most favorite burgers in the USA. Since I fly to San Diego monthly, I finally got a chance to go there a couple times. The burgers are lucious, the shakes are a felony, and the sides are good too.

The burgers and fries are so big that if you order a small, you get enough for two people. The burgers are outstanding in taste as well. The shakes are big scoops of ice cream swirled and come with a spoon. Be careful on portions -- one shake and one fires feeds two adults.

The decor is hilarious -- a billion nutty things on the wall to look at. Makes the wait tolerable since the place is always packed.

But the seating is scarce so there is always a 20 minute line outside the door. Inside, bumper to bumper people. So go there in winter on a weekday if you want to get inside in a reasonable time frame. I've met people from Iowa and guys who wear suits in line at Hodad's.

You did know that a Hodad is a guy who hangs out with the surfers but does not surf? In golf, the same guy guards the golf cart and the beer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere