“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bar-B-Que House

Bar-B-Que House
5025 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107-3009 (Ocean Beach)
619-222-4311
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Whittier, CA
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is by far my favorite BBQ restaurant while traveling to San Diego. The food is great and the prices are extremely reasonable. I've been here about 3 of 4 times and I have never been disappointed in this place. It's right down the street from the beach, so parking can be a bit challenging, but keep driving around, you'll eventually find a spot. It's not a very big restaurant and at times you will find a line to order food, but it's definitely worth the wait. Very casual restaurant since it mainly caters to people going to or coming from the beach.

I have ordered the Family Meal Deal which includes a full rack of ribs, a whole chicken and four medium side orders. You can have it served with garlic bread of pita bread, I recommend the garlic bread to sop up the extra BBQ sauce that's on the plate. The price for all of this is only about $38. One of the times I ordered this, it fed 4 adults and 6 children under 7. Plus we still had food left over. Not only is this plenty of food, it is very delicious. I've also had the beef BBQ sandwich, also very scrumptious.

If you're a BBQ fan, while in San Diego, you should definitely hit this place up.

Visited July 2012

Tucson
“November 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Good food, the restaurant is across the street from the hotel, good service, and the prices are reasonable.

Visited November 2012
San Diego
“BBQ Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

If there was a heaven, this place would be it. Large portions and amazing bbq sauce with different levels of hotness. Better than Phils, hands down....and its by the beach! All their sides are amazing and I especially love their mac and cheese. Perfect addition with the pulled pork bbq sandwich. Their prices are so reasonable and the employees have all been great everytime I've been in. Definitely my favorite restaurant in OB.

The only complaint is the delivery service....its from a third party that goes and picks it up and they take fooooorever. We tried the service just to see how it was. I told them I was paying with cash but when the guy arrived, he didn't have any change and the "no more than 30 mins" I was quoted turned into about 1 hour and 15 mins. If I would have known it was a different company, I would've picked it up myself.

Again, the delivery service isn't on The BBQ House but I definitely wouldn't be using that company for my establishment.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The BBQ was melt in your mouth yummy! The sauce was to die for. The price perfect! My favorite was the Californian

Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“Great BBQ beef sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My friend took me to this place last week and I really enjoyed it. I tried the southern style BBQ beef sandwich it came with coke slaw on it. It was really good. I also liked their fries too. I liked the place so much I went back again a couple days later to being my sister. I would totally recommend this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere