“Fantastic Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monsoon Fine Cuisine-India

Monsoon Fine Cuisine-India
729 4th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
(619) 234-5555
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monsoon Fine Cuisine-India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,338 of 4,168 Restaurants in San Diego
Cross street: G Street
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This place was really great quality, service, with little to complain about. There are however, always things that can be said.

Good: great food! We asked for spicy, and that's what we got! Great Service, always making sure we had all we needed. Very nice place, romantic setting.

Bad: Downtown location makes for difficulty in finding parking. A bit pricey.

Great place, def. hard to complain about.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Quebec, Canada
“Fine indian buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We were a party of 5 visiting this restaurant. We ordered the 20$ buffet without looking at the menu.

Our waiter provided naan bread, natural and garlic, both were delicious.
The buffet provides a choice of about 10 dishes, all of which were delicious, though I am not versed at all in Indian cuisine. Fresh fruit and 4 dessert dishes are also available and were also very good.

Atmosphere and cleanliness were great, and we had a good time overall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plantation, Florida
“Great location, Pretty good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

So this was my first Indian food experience, and I think I went in with the mindset that it was going to be super spicy and flavorful (thanks to American movies, mostly and all the stereotypical jokes about Indian food), so I was a little nervous and glad we had bought a Groupon for the experience. The drinks were really good!! The service was great!! Luckily, there was a buffet and I figured since I didn't know what anything was, I would go that route. There were a few things on the buffet that were pretty good- the hummus, chicken tiki masala and th corn masala were all pretty impressive. Other than that, I wasn't all that impressed. Even the things that said spicy were not in the least bit spicy. The desserts were pretty good- rice pudding and some sort of doughnut thing (and yes, I know I must sound incredibly in-cultured at this point!!!). So overall, th food was decent and th atmosphere was nice. The location was Perfect though... Right in the heart of the Gaslamp district. I guess since I don't have any previous experience with Indian food I have nothing to compare it to. Probably wouldn't go back... But I would be willing to make another attempt with Indian food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Yuk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Ordered a chicken mango tikka for a starter. Quantity was large. Chicken had no tikka taste and was dry with a hard exterior that would not cut. The outside was like leather in its feel and texture. Popadums were barely acceptable in crispness and the aloo paratha was so thin that needless to say the potato in it was just not tasted. I left after this, still hungry, as I did not trust them to cook any more

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A calm oasis with delicious food in an upbeat area of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stopped here because i found the restaurant to provide comfortable outdoor seating, i was not expecting as tasty a food as i got.

The service can be slow outside but the food was delicious - we had the chili chicken appetizer, and it was delicious, not too spicy but very very flavorful.

The Rogan Josh is a must have.

a full bar is available and the service is good, if not a bit slow outside, but no complaints. in the gas lamp district but somewhat away from the main hustle and bustle - which is good.

• Visited August 2012