“3rd time a charm!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
San Francisco, California
“3rd time a charm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We always will stay here when in San Diego. Very happy to see improve breakfast! Morning person on duty Randy was being very helpful to open early for our return shuttle. Had good fill of donuts and coffee etc! Room was smelling very clean. Nearby trolly for Balbo Park etc. Close to shopping. Recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell our travelers of your stay with us at the Howard Johnson SeaWorld San Diego. We are pleased to hear that you " recommend" our porperty and that you "always will stay here" when you are in San Diego. We are also very pleased that you took advantage of the breakfast and that our staff was able to accomodate you in that area. We hope to see you soon in your travels. Go happy, go Hojo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
PHOENIX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Howard Johnson Sea World on Rosecrans is a good value for a hotel in the Point Loma area. We traveled to San Diego to visit our daughter and her family, and the hotel was very conveniently located for us. It is easy to find and get to, and although it's on a major street, we thought it was very quiet in our room - nothing interrupted our sleep! We did not really use any of the other hotel facilities, just our room and the breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

WAIMANALO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My stay was comfortable like a home away from home comfort. The staff was kind and informative an it gave me a sense of weicome or as we say in Hawai'i Aloha. My first choice when I travel would be to stay at a Howard Johnson Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HojoGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Aloha to you too. I really enjoy seeing that our team at the Howard Johnson shared with you the comfort that you would expect at home. Thank you for taking your time to share that with other travelers.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I Love the H.J The front desk people are always nice & pleasant Especially Nala she works in the Morning she's the Best & her manager Jessica I love them they always give me the best DAMN!!! service ever. I would recommend anyone to go to The Howard Johnson/sea world The housekeepers are outstanding & the service. I don't go to no other other Hotel..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Howard Johnson San Diego/ SeaWorld Airport. Its great for me to see that we have made you feel special during your stays. I will be sure to express to Nala that her customer service has exceeded expectations. And on behalf of myself, I am happy that I have been able to take good care of you while at guest at our Hojo.
- Jessica
searcy, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

everyone one was really great except for 1 desk clerk that worked the night shift jan13,2013. That morning i needed a ride from the airport, it was going to be about 3 hrs before the shuttle could come for me, so i ask him to jus call me cab. it was very cold an i waited approx. 45 min a taxi finally came an i came to the hotel. well it wasnt who he had called, i didnt know that. the guy he called was mad cuz i had already left. the clerk gave my cell no to him, he called me yelling at me, then came to the hotel demanding me pay him anyway. i walked away at that time the clerk came to me an said i had to pay him or the police would get involved. i felt very threanted an paid him. it cost me $30 for a single trip from the airpot to your hotel. when i shouldnt have to pay anything. you advertise free transpotation from airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I have followed up on the issue you had. We do offer complimentary shuttle service to the airport 5 am -8 pm. We had dropped you at the airport less than an hour before you wanted us to pick you up again. At that point my shuttle was running to other locations so unfortunately the wait would be 45 minutes. I understand that it being cold there that you decided that you didn’t want to wait and requested a taxi immediately. We don’t send taxi's to the airport due to the same reason of what happened, guests accidentally get into the wrong cab. The airport does have a taxi island where you catch a ride. But I know that my agent tried to be helpful and called one anyway to pick you up. Then the confusion occurred. I apologize for you feeling intimidated. I have spoken to both the cab driver and the agent involved and have explained to them the inappropriateness of their actions. It won’t happen again. I appreciated talking to you today and thank you for letting me know that you enjoyed your stay and that the other agents went above and beyond to assist.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World? Share your experiences!