I stayed at this Marriott recently while on a business trip. All the staff I encountered were very friendly, the room was clean and modern (I stayed on the 20th or 21st floor). Location was great. Here's a list of pros and cons:
- Location was perfect for my trip. Tons of really great restaurants to walk to. If you want to take in a baseball game, the stadium is literally diagonally across the street from the hotel.
- Breakfast was very good and the serving sizes were huge. Of course, it's not free, but this is a regular Marriott.
- Rooftop bar was very cool. A great place to have a drink and look out over the city. Also looks right into the baseball stadium so if you could find a spot along the edge, you could possibly watch some of the game with an obstructed view for free.
- Some great little service touches. I had a couple of free bottles of water. And the turndown service left me with Peppermint Patties or Junior Mints.
- Biggest issue I had was the $10/day wifi fee. I wish the big name hotels would shift to offering free internet but they know the business traveler will pay the fee so until that stops, I don't see this changing. For this reason alone I can't give 5 dots.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully reinvented the ultra-stylish San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter has quickly become the premier luxury hotel in the heart of the lively Gaslamp Quarter. Adjacent to PETCO Park, Home of the San Diego Padres, and two blocks from the San Diego Convention Center. Boasting a sophisticated modern design and breathtaking Ocean, San Diego skyline and baseball park views, home to Soleil @k Restaurant, Latitude Lounge & ALTITUDE Sky Lounge our award winning open-air rooftop hotspot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter Hotel San Diego
- Marriott San Diego