Very nice hotel in a great location. You can avoid the $38 per night hotel parking by parking on the street, but be careful of the street cleaning rules on Thursday mornings. The hotel is literally next door to the Padres stadium and it has a nice roof top bar which overlooks part of the stadium. We had a lot of problems with our room key not working properly, but that was the extent of the negatives. In San Diego, the Gaslamp District is the place to be. There are more bars and restaurants than you can count. However, be prepared for all the homeless people in the area.
If I return to SD, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter Hotel San Diego
- Marriott San Diego
- San Diego Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully reinvented the ultra-stylish San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter has quickly become the premier luxury hotel in the heart of the lively Gaslamp Quarter. Adjacent to PETCO Park, Home of the San Diego Padres, and two blocks from the San Diego Convention Center. Boasting a sophisticated modern design and breathtaking Ocean, San Diego skyline and baseball park views, home to Soleil @k Restaurant, Latitude Lounge & ALTITUDE Sky Lounge our award winning open-air rooftop hotspot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.