“Wonderful and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 272 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel in a great location in San Diego. The service was excellent and the room was very spacious and comfortable. The restaurant on the first floor is very good. The lounge upstairs has wonderful views and is very upbeat

• Stayed August 2013
Hotel S, Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Stelly 3665,

Thank you very much for your review. We hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to San Diego. We look forward to welcoming you back! Please socialize with us on Facebook and Twitter so you may get advance information on deals with us.

All my best,

Jeffrey Burg
Director of Operations
San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fantastic hotel in a great location ! Overlooking Petco Park Baseball Stadium, had a birds eye view of the stadium and the Padres were playing The Yankees when I was there and I could watch it from my window ! The staff on the front desk are charning and couldn't be more helpful. All the personnel I encountered were polite, and extremely professional. The bar on the 22nd floor is amazing ! best views of the city by far ! Clearly a very clean, wee run hotel with great staff and fabulous hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room in the front for the great ocean views !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hotel S, Guest Service Associate at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Stuart L,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and were able to watch the Padres game from your room window. It is also great to read that our staff was very helpful and accommodating. We do our best to make your stay feel like you are right at home. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Portland,OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the last weekend of June 2013 while attending a wedding. The bride chose the hotel as well, and most of the out of town guests stayed here also. Check in was easy and a bit early which was welcomed. The location is excellent and within walking distance of everything you could imagine in that area of San Diego. Valet parking is however 38 dollars a night. The room had two double beds and was a decent size. The furnishings were more upscale, and the bathroom big enough to get ready in for a big event. The sliding pocket door of the bathroom can pop back open occasionally however. We were on a higher floor ( 9 if I remember correctly) and were able to see the Bay and other buildings, but I completely agree with another reviewer who mentioned how terribly dirty the windows are. It looked like a bug graveyard and was so thick we could hardly see out the windows. Yes I understand it's on the outside of the very tall building, but it seems to pay more for a "view" you should at least be able to see something besides bug guts!
All the staff were very friendly, from the maid to the front desk. Both of our nights were comfortable and pleasant. Very long lines of young people form in the lobby at night for the elevators going up to the roof top bar which is some big night lounge scene, but you're still able to access the elevators on the other side going to guest rooms. We never ventured up to the roof top bar since it was super packed with weekend party goers.
I think between the location and the service I would go back to the Marriot gaslamp quarter on my next San Diego visit if I found a good deal on a room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ariella35,

Thank you for staying at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. I am pleased to read that our friendly staff made your stay comfortable and that you enjoyed our location. I sincerely apologize for the condition of the windows. Unfortunately the rainy season lasted longer than we anticipated so the window cleaning had to be temporarily postponed. I hope you will visit again soon as the view will be improved.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Walking distance to clubs, bars, restaurants, Petco park, and so much more. We have stayed in many downtown hotels. This hotel is our preferred choice when we are partying. The hotel also has a lounge/club upstairs (Altitude) if you find the scene outside the hotel not to your liking. Been there a couple times, it was fun. The staff are nice and the rooms are clean. Valet is $38/night. Park at the structure across the street for much less. We parked from 6 pm - 10 am for $18. Will be back here again.

Room Tip: 1808 gives you a view of the bay, bridge and Petco Park!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel S, Guest Services Associate at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Bacong F,

Thank you for staying with us at the Gaslamp Marriott. Our staff does their best to make sure our guests are comfortable so that you can enjoy everything the Gaslamp Quarter has to offer. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dixon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Ok, the main thing about this hotel is the location. We were able to walk the Gaslamp as well as walk to Seaport Village and the area around the Midway. The room was nice and roomy enough. Here's my beef...I paid extra for a room with a 'view". I was able to see a bit of the Bay from the room. However, the windows were filthy. They were so dirty that it distracted from what view I did have. I went down to the main desk and explained that the windows were dirty and it detracted from the view. The lady at the desk proceeded to explain to me that the windows were dirty on the outside. Duh! Nothing was done about the windows during my 3 night stay at the hotel. The most friendly and helpful staff were the valet parking attendants. Overall a good place to stay in San Diego unless you enjoy looking out your window.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear CantUC,

Thank you for staying at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. I apologize for the condition of the windows. Unfortunately the extended rainy season prevented the window cleaning from occurring during the normally scheduled time. I hope you visit again soon so you can enjoy our central location with the room view our hotel typically offers.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Arrived early, didn't get my guaranteed room, but instead of turning me away & telling me to come, the FD clerk checked what rooms were available and allowed me to decide. Appreciated it & since I was only there for 2 nights, the guaranteed room wasn't a big deal. I've stayed here before & it does not disappoint. The rooms are luxurious - very elegant and top quality furnishings throughout. The washroom has every amenity you require then some more. Ample water pressure allows you to have a great shower/bath. The bed is extra comfortable with soft linens and allows you to sleep with ease. Internet is very fast, connections were never a problem. No matter what room you are in, you will have some great views of San Diego! The fridge in the room kept our drinks cold and was cleverly hidden away in the television console. An in-room safe is a nice added touch, along with the very plush robes to use. Turndown service with mints just tops it off. I can't say enough good about this place - the ONLY hotel I will stay at in San Diego. It should be used as a training location because everything is perfect. The candy at the front desk is so addictive & plentiful, like the cherry on top of a sundae. Well done, you won't be disappointed staying here - unless it is only for a short time!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel S, Front Office Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Alan N.,

Thank you very much for staying at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter hotel and thank you for the terrific review! I’m very pleased to read we were able to get you checked into a room that you felt was luxurious and elegant! I’m also very pleased to read that the Gaslamp Marriott is the only hotel you will stay at while in San Diego! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us!

Aimée Bond
Front Office Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a very nice Marriott. It is a great location right by Petco field, convention center and the bay. Lots of restaurants and shops. Great path along the bay for walkers or joggers. The convention center is a block away and they have multiple sets of large stairways which give you a great workout. You will see many people doing this workout. The room were very nice and they have a great rooftop lounge with beautiful views

Room Tip: Try to get on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel S, Guest Service Associate at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear afamily04,

I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. Our central location and beautiful views allow our guests to enjoy everything the downtown San Diego area has to offer and more! We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit San Diego.

Jennyfer

Been to San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!