The views from Altitude, their rooftop bar, down into Petco Park will make baseball fans out of sworn nonbelievers. Not to mention the same bar views cover SD-Coronado bridge, the naval station, SD Bay, even parts of Mexico. The staff, particular Carlos the front desk supervisor, genuinely care. The hotel can get kind of overrun with clubbers in the evening, but its got such a cool old world hotel vibe and for the most part the staff appreciate the clubbers are too much for regular guests and try to make everyone happy. The building is older, so the piping and toilets, etc., are loud and constantly in the walls. Normally this would mean I'd score them a 3, but the vibe is so good, the staff helpful, the location insanely cool, and the rooms clean, that it needs a 5. Thanks Carlos!
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter Hotel San Diego
- Marriott San Diego
- San Diego Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully reinvented the ultra-stylish San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter has quickly become the premier luxury hotel in the heart of the lively Gaslamp Quarter. Adjacent to PETCO Park, Home of the San Diego Padres, and two blocks from the San Diego Convention Center. Boasting a sophisticated modern design and breathtaking Ocean, San Diego skyline and baseball park views, home to Soleil @k Restaurant, Latitude Lounge & ALTITUDE Sky Lounge our award winning open-air rooftop hotspot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.