“Amazing view, outstanding food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ivanhoe
Glendale, California
“Amazing view, outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

George's Ocean Terrace is fabulous. I love coming here whenever I take a trip to San Diego, this is our stop on our way home, the best thing is the kindness of the staff. The girls at the front desk are so friendly and warm. Our waiter was genuinely a sweetheart. The food is great, the drinks are awesome!! I love looking down on to the ocean and the deck were people are having such a great time. The fish tacos are great and the drinks are so yummy!!

Visited June 2014

Saint Augustine, Florida
“One good choice among MANY in La Jolla”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been in San Diego for a number of days and wanted to end our visit with a special dinner and sunset view. We chose this amongst many, many options. When we got there, we missed out on first try at locating the entrance, as it is one of many, all at about the same location. We finally located the Ocean Terrace and really were not disappointed.

The only thing I have to complain about is their insistence and no option to having all the parties of your group at the entrance in order to be seated. We are adults, we know how many people I wil pay you for at dinner - let's just get the table secured. What am I going to - spend a few extra dollars on your overpriced drinks wating, in the meantime? Yes, that is what I am going to do while the rest of our adult party arrives. Oh, so we had to take a seat at the bar and order a drink, and of course, just as it arrived, so did our party so we had to hold everybody up to pay for that before we were seated. Not a good way to treat adults who commit to you that we are good for 4, not 2, guests.

Have you ever tried to park at ANY TIME in La Jolla? Forget about it. MAKE SURE you get there a minimum of half to one hour before you ever want to arrive, so you can find a place to park and make it to your destination. The insistence and hard core position to not allow seating until my son & wife parked the car and joined us was very aggravating and took away from the enjoyment of the whole experience. It was not like we were going to stand them up and cost them business, and in the meantime, more and more choice seats out of the limited selection were being filled up. So by time we got to sit down, there was already a level of stress and aggravation on me that took away from the experience.

After that, the server we had was just great, she was attentive and very nice and friendly, just right. The mussels we ordered were great - be sure to ask for water or bread, as it's served only by request. Our server - I missed her name, but she was great - offered the special and it was just what I wanted. We ordered and the food arrived in a short time and was just great. Our server took care of us and kept out of our way be let us know we were taken care of.

Overall, a great place and one that I would go back to again and again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Big Bear Lake, California
“Good Drinks Great food. Awesome view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is one of my favorite spots to visit in La Jolla. They have consistent food that isn't too overpriced for the views you get while eating your meal. They are always busy on the weekends so prepare to have a bit of a wait for a table. This is not the place to go with a big group either. It is a small space.
They have some good drink options. . I love their extensive drink lists of wine, beer and mixed drinks. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“Perfect sunset dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Loved the octopus salad, fresh fish and great service! All of the entrees were cooked to perfection. Chef accommodated gluten free without any issues. Will return next time we're in town!

Visited March 2014
Litchfield, Connecticut
“LOVE this restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was visiting San Diego a couple weeks ago and had dinner here with some friends on a Saturday afternoon. Service and food were very good. I think my friends will return again now that they know about it. (My husand and I try to visit here when we are in town.) My only issue is that there is a full service bar at the top of the stairs where you enter and when it is busy the patrons partially block the walkway to the tables so it can be awkward to get in or out.

Visited March 2014