“Happy Hour Makes Me Happy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yard House

Yard House
1023 4th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
619-233-9273
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #332 of 3,682 Restaurants in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Bristol, New Hampshire
“Happy Hour Makes Me Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The house scotch was good and inexpensive during happy hour. We watched preseason football and relaxed with large servings of nachos, rare tuna, and California rolls. Or I should say a very large single California roll. I recommend the nachos, & rare tuna but skip the California roll. The drinks were excellent. More draft beer than you would expect with lots from small craft breweries.

Just remember small craft breweries does not always = good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hi spill_beans - We're thrilled to hear you enjoy most of the food and our happy hour offerings. Would it be possible to learn more about your disappointment with the California roll? If time permits, I would ask that you contact me directly at yhguestrelations@darden.com as we always want our guests to be 100% delighted.

London
“Great food & good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Delicious meal and great service. The French dip sandwich was very good and the portions are very healthy. We'll be back!

Visited August 2013
Fort Worth
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I ate here twice on my trip to San Diego. On the first time, I had the seared ahi tuna salad. It was so good that I went back the next day to order the tuna appetizer. My second visit was during happy hour, and the tuna was half price. Without the greens, I don't think you get as much food, but it is still a good portion. I also ordered the lettuce wraps on the second day, so I had plenty of food for a smaller price. All 3 dishes were excellent. Another good thing about the restaurant is their selection of beers. They are discounted during happy hour too, so it's a great opportunity to try different types of beers. The only thing that kept me from giving this an "excellent" rating is my experience with the server on my first night. I asked her to describe one of the beers. She said she thought it might have a fruit flavor, but she wasn't sure why. She did not offer to find out. On my second trip, I sat at the bar and read somewhere else that it was made with cherries. It would not have been that difficult for her to get more information.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westlake Village, California
“Excellent food, good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, great value. Street tacos and mahi mahi were very nice. Slightly slow service, but we went during ComicCon, when downtown is swamped.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hi Sarahdvm- We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourself and were pleased with our Street Tacos and Mahi Mahi! We are a bit concerned, however, with the service you received. When time permits, please contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We'd appreciate the opportunity to learn more and fix any opportunities we may have.
Menlo Park, California
“Lots of good beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

100+ beers on tap. Only food I had was fried calamari - mushy instead of crispy because of too much batter.

Visited July 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi jpora - Your valuable feedback is very much appreciated. Sorry for failing to meet your expectations with the calamari you were served. There is no doubt we can do a better job with its preparation and we would welcome the opportunity to prove that to you. When time allows, please email me at yhguestrelations@darden.com.