“Conference Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lou & Mickey's

Lou & Mickey's
224 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101-6958 (Downtown)
619-237-4900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lou & Mickey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 4,041 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp Stop (Trolley)
Description: Gaslamp's "Favorite Steakhouse" is directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and two blocks from Petco Park. Join us for famous steaks, choice seafood, and exotic drinks.
Maryville, Missouri
“Conference Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had a late dinner here during the Biotech Convention and even though they were packed the service and food were perfect. I had the BBQ shrimp and I have to say it was way more than I could have imagined. All four of our entree were 5 Star! Expect quality and enjoy it!

81% Recommend
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good salads and excelent shellfish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had a very nice lunch with good attention to detail. The salads were excellent and the shellfish was fresh and diverse.
Also the place was full, but they do accept reservations, so we did not have a problem on arrival, even though there was a lineup at the entrance.

Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
“Great location, good service, food okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family and I visited Lou and Mickey's for a Sunday lunch. Even though we are all from San Diego this was the first time any of us had visited. We sat outside, and with the restaurant being in the heart of the Gaslamp (across the street from the Convention Center and a block from Petco Park) it was a great spot to have an outdoor lunch and people watch. We decided to order many different dishes and shared everything. The crab bisque was not bisque-like, very thin; the shrimp caesar was bland, not very tasty. We did order the top sirloin, it was cooked perfectly and my daughter loved it, and the fried calamari and crab cakes for appetizers were good. We also ordered oysters and scallops on the half shell. We all loved those so much (even our children, 15 yo girls) that we also ordered the deluxe seafood platter. The head-on shrimps were delicious as were the scallops and some of the other items on the platter. We all even tried the periwinkles- a first for all of us. Obviously, this was a lot of food for 3 adults and 3 children and this wasn't even everything we ordered, but as I said, some of the items we all loved, some we liked, and others we would not order again. Our server was friendly. So with the hit and miss food, it was the location and the company really helped make this outing enjoyable. For the price we paid for the different dishes, I do not think I will be visiting again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The seafood was good. It was a raw platter and cooked halibut. My server described a dish to me, which I ordered, and when I got it, it was different. I ate it, and would have sent it back if I wasn't so hungry and did not want to wait another 15 minutes. For $27 for an entre, I don't want to eat spaghetti with my cheese and shrimp pasta, when I was told it was linguine before ordering. I preferred eating at Flemings Steak house by far.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clovis, California
“I must be missing something...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

When I am in San Diego, I make it a point to take advantage of the fresh seafood. Hence, while we were at the Gas Lamp District, we decided to try Lou & Mickey's. After all, underneath its sign are the words "choice seafood."

We decided to sit outside because the inside is dim and depressing.

While we were perusing the menu, our waitress shared that the seafood is guaranteed fresh since the restaurant is part owner of a fishing company. Ok then.

I had the fish and chips. The fried batter was greasy, and the fish was under-cooked. The fries were ok. The coleslaw had no dressing at all. And this dish was not cheap at all.

I guess it was my unlucky day. Reading the other reviews, it seems like others had better luck.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere