“Smell you later!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lou & Mickey's

Lou & Mickey's
224 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101-6958 (Downtown)
619-237-4900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lou & Mickey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 4,099 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp Stop (Trolley)
Description: Gaslamp's "Favorite Steakhouse" is directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and two blocks from Petco Park. Join us for famous steaks, choice seafood, and exotic drinks.
Shoreham by Sea
“Smell you later!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I took some colleagues here and we had a great meal, but very pricey. We also sat outside which is one of the things I love about San Diego, but in sitting outside we also got wafts of raw sewage from a nearby drain - so we ended up with a meal of contrasts!
The meat dishes were beautifully cooked and there was ample choice of greenery and vegetable, which was great. I thought the service very good and I liked the restaurant too. This place would have had 5 stars from me except for that smell. Our whole table smelt it and it drove us away earlier than we would have liked. We were fairly sure the smell emanated from a drain within the property boundary so come on Lou or Mickey, sort this out. Not good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Luck, Wisconsin
“Great cab cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just had appetizers and a glass of wine and the crab cakes were really good. It was a nice night and we sat on the patio. Unfortunately, the train traffic and the flickering, very bright sign were annoying. I would recommend sitting inside, even in good weather.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Good food near Petco park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great service, my wife had the steak and it was huge and very well cooked, the choice was excellent I didn't know what to order! With the amount of restaurants in the gas lamp quarter we loved this one so much we ate there twice.

Visited September 2012
Vancouver
“Disappointing salad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stopped in as I saw what looked like nice sized salads on the tables of those dining. I ordered the $12 beet with arugula salad and was very disappointed to see how small it was, bread plate sized, as opposed to the large bowls I had seen. As well, The menu didn't mention anything about nuts in this salad, but it arrived with a large portion of walnuts on top. Not good if you have allergies. I did bring this to management's attention, and to be fair, he was apologetic and stated he would make a change to the menu, plus offered to reimburse.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Disappointing - Food was cold, service was slow, bill was high”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lou & Mickey's is pricey so my expectations were high. Food and service did not meet my standards for the size of the bill. Sides, which are several dollars, were cold and the server was scarce. I hate eating anywhere when you have to wait or hunt for your server to correct a cold meal.

We went during off peak hours and everyone was so busy getting ready for the dinner crowd we were practically ignored.

It's a mystery to me how they expect to stay in business.

• Visited December 2011