“Better than the reviews lead me to believe” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,580 of 4,093 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Chinese
Plover, Wisconsin
“Better than the reviews lead me to believe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Went with a group of six hungry diners. We were promptly reseated at a better table at our request. Ordered drinks and a sampler which came with a small grill to heat up the beef kabobs. Very good. Ordered six entrees which came with large portion sizes, plenty for leftover lunches. The orange chicken was outstanding! The Imperial Shrimp was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego
“Consistently Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have been eating at the Mandarin House for more than a dozen years. It is CONSISTENTLY GREAT! One year we took my brother from Canada to the restaurant (against his will as he visits China about 6 times/year and he expected the food to be bad) ... He loved it!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town, South Africa
“Food is good enough, decor is old”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

This restaurant obviously have locals that keep it going. It has no views and is not situated in any tourist area. But the food is good old-fashioned chinese without any fanfare. We had Peking Duck and its exactly what one would expect a peking duck to be: good enough.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Go to a restaurant that cares about thier customers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Beware of this establishment! I ordered dinner for delivery on a Sunday evening and I live only two blocks from the restaurant. They had not brought my food after and hour and a half so I decided to cancel the order. (I have three kids and I was not going to keep them waiting.) I talked to the manager and stated my situation and ask that my order be cancelled and my credit card credited the $50+ dollars. He basically called me a liar, and his exact words were that "I can't expect fast service just because I live a couple of blocks away and that I couldn't have called an hour and a half ago." He also said that I will need to cancel my credit card if I wanted my money back unless I was to physically go to the restaurant later in the evening to receive my credit slip. I could not believe the behavior of this manager!
Why would you treat your customers in this manner? Perhaps the Asian male ego got the best of him! Your better off eating somewhere that respects their customers, men or women alike!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“expensive but good. nice...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

expensive but good. nice atmosphere.