“Rude energy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Side Bar

Side Bar
536 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
619_696_0946
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
San Francisco, California
“Rude energy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Very rude bouncers. I left another bar to see side bar and they wouldn't let me in with plenty of time til close.

Visited April 2014

San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
“Club Crawl Site #2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Side Bar was really nice. This was the second stop of the club crawl. only two stalls in the women's restroom....say what??? Top shelf drinks averages around $11. Two bars. The DJ was really good. They have dancers on side of the club. Some were better than others :) Our group had a good time. It was nice to meet the other people in our Club Crawl group. They also have table service as well. Security and management did a great job.

Visited January 2014
San Diego
9 attraction reviews
“run of the mill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The side bar is just one of your average bars, I mean it can be fun at times, but other times I find myself yawning. If you're going to go, make it during the summer, that's when this place really heats up.

Visited May 2013
“Sundays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

First time at sidebar. Went on a sunday had lots of fun except for the old men sitting by the window looking at all the chicks. Kinda grossed me out. Music was chill crowd was fun. Went with a couple friends that knew people so we didnt havr to make line to get in and didnt pay :)

San Diego
“ALMOST GOT ROBBED AT SIDEBAR”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

On Wed. June 9th, I went to SideBar with some friends. I work for an electronic cigarette company (---). I showed my product to some smokers on the patio, and mentioned that since there is no combustion or flame or smoke, people are permitted to smoke them in bars. We walked inside, and she tried it. The tip of the cigarette looking device lit up, she inhaled, and blew out a cloud of water vapor and propylene glycol (which looks like smoke). A security guard came over quickly to examine the situation. Upon learning about the device, he smiled, and continued securing the club. We walked over to the bar, where both the bartender and another security guard had the same reaction. Upon learning about the device they proceeded to do their jobs, and even commented that it was "cool." Then we walked towards the dance floor, where a 6' 5" inch white blond haired (receding hairline) man around 30 years old grabbed the device out of the hand of the girl who was using it. She tried to get it back. I saw that something was happening, and walked over. To my amazement, the man had put the device into his pocket. I reasonably asked him if I could have my electronic cigarette back. He un-reasonably responded, "No, I work here and there is no smoking in this bar." I told him it wasn't a cigarette, and had no flame (only a LED light that lights up when air passes through the device) which he already was aware of because he had put it in his pocket. He then told me that he worked here, but had the night off, and told me he was going to throw me out. I said that was fine, if I caused a problem, I will leave, but I want my electronic cigarette back. I repeated my request 4 times after that (while he was ignoring me/walking away) until I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "I won't use this inside, I will put it away, I need you to give it back." I've brought an electronic cigarette to over 50 bars in CA, FL and NV. Not one person at one bar who approached me to find out what I had in my hand had a problem with it upon explanation. Not one establishment to date has told me they understand what it is, but still would not permit it in their bar. And never in my life until tonight has a person who claimed to be employed by anywhere I have ever been taken an electronic device that belonged to me. I would suggest that Side Bar notify their intoxicated employees who are not working that they are not permitted to enforce, at their own discretion, rules that don't exist in their bar. If any currently working Side Bar employee had asked for me to put it away, I would have without a second thought.