“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Bassam

Cafe Bassam
3088 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92103 (Downtown)
619-557-0173
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Diego
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Outstanding coffee (at least that is what my date said, and that is the very first and only time she has actually said that anywhere). But what I love is the one hundred different teas available. If you are looking for one in particular, then it could take you a little while as there is no particular order, but I like to go without making my mind up before hand, so I start looking at the different glass jars.... until I find one. Well priced, nice atmosphere, some people complain about the owner but I have no complains whatsoever. I am going back for sure. Also, I love the fact they have no WiFi, so I might skip it if I need it, but it is very pleasant to go WiFi free sometimes.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
York, PA
“Unique. Never been anywhere quite like it. An anti-Starbucks cafe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

This place leaves a smile on my face every time I think of it
The anti-Starbucks! Great selection of coffee and unique teas, some desserts and sandwiches, but more than anything, atmosphere
We wanted some lite dessert and wine/tea late one night on our walk back from Hillcrest to Bankers Hill. Place is jammed top to bottom with antiques and collectibles, and some of the best people watching you can imagine.

Visited February 2011
San Diego, California, United States
“cute corner cafe filled...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

cute corner cafe filled to the brim with antiques like brownie camera boxes as well as jars and jars of a large selection of teas. Very nice place. Just a little out of the way for some.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Try the Chai latte with...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

Try the Chai latte with whip cream!