“Very good dim but.....” 4 of 5 stars

San Diego, California
1,351 helpful votes 1,351 helpful votes
“Very good dim but.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've been to several Chinese places on Convoy. Typically I don't even read reviews and just go by what looks good and crowded. But today I was meeting a friend for lunch and he mentioned he has been here before and it's pretty good. I haven't had dim sum in a while as I usually just go with entrees but it was pretty good and fresh.

The only complaint I'd have is the service isn't that great. I asked for a water and coke a few times and it took a while to get a water and I finally gave up on the Coke. They don't speak English too well here, which actually I don't mind. That's typically always a plus when eating at an Asian place. But the slow service of not bringing a drink after you ask a few times is never good.

But the food was pretty good and I'd definitely come back based on this meal. The place was pretty crowded with Asians which is also a good sign in a Chinese place.

Visited April 2013

Fountain Hills, AZ
“Super Fresh Dim Sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had a fantastic lunch here last week. Ordered Dim Sum off a list and it arrived fresh, hot and very tasty. The flavors were great and the look of the shrimp was especially good. It's in an average looking strip mall place, but who cares. We're going for the food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent Dim Sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my second visit and it was just as good as the first. I don't know the names of the dishes we had but all I can say is the shrimp and chives combo was great. The custard pastry was excellent. Definitely will come back again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arizona
“Great Peking Duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Authentic Chinese food. The Peking Duck was amazing. The atmosphere is family centered with many Asian families enjoying dinner together. A bit expensive but the quality and freshness of the food was worth it. Went with an 89 year old San Diego resident. When asked what she wanted to eat her response was, "Is there anything else beside Peking Duck?" Obviously, a long time favorite of hers even to her favorite table. Customer service is OK.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
reno
“Greasy Chinese food, bad crabs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As a lover of Chinese food and crabs, I was so looking forward to this highly rated restaurant. I ordered the fried shimano fish appetizer and dungeoness ginger crab, sweet and sour chicken, winter melon soup. My stomach hurt from the grease. I paid $16.99/pound, two pound crab, only to get the worst tasting crab I have ever eaten. The fish was good but would have been better if they had not dipped it in one batter prior to deep fry. Well the oolong tea was good. For the money, I was very sadden by the food.

• Visited February 2013