“A favorite for Lunch in Carmel Mnt” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,601 of 4,048 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Greek
San Diego, California
“A favorite for Lunch in Carmel Mnt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I have been going for years. Only place I can get a chicken gyro. Love the tri-dip appetizer, hummus, baba ganush, and taramasalata! Great Greek Salad. My wife loves the mousakka! She said it looked like the porttions were getting smaller. Still we had left overs to take home. A very nice Family owned restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bolingbrook, Ill. USA
“Best Greek Food west of Greek Town, Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hello Everyone, I am a lifelong resident of Chicago. Frequent Greek Town often. While vising family in San Diego have been to this restaurant two times and was never disappointed. The Food is Fabulous authentic Greek. The service was excellent, Ambiance was Great. If you love Greek Food this restaurant is not to be missed. Enjoy!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food, great service, great family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Great food, great service, great family!

San Diego
“The Athens Market Cafe is some Good Greek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Before catching a quick movie with my wife, I brought her in to this magnificent restaurant! The atmosphere was stupendous and our waitress never let us down. We started our meal off with a flambeed Saganaki. The flames almost touched the ceiling! It was like flying first class the way everything was done, served, and cooked to perfection. Then our waitress brought out the warm chicken salads and our dinner was PERFECT! And I mean PERFECT! The Ahens Market Cafe gets two big thumbs up from my wife and I, and we will definitelly be returning soon.

San Diego
“The BEST west of Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I am Greek and the food at Athens Market Cafe in Rancho Bernardo is the finest in San Diego. It is owned by Greeks and that is one very, very, important ingredient. You are getting authenic Greek food and not an imitation. One of the reasons that Athens Market food is so good is they use the best of ingredients and do not cut corners. Also, you get a good size helping and the price is reasonable for the quality of food and service. The deserts are perfect, they are very difficult and time consuming to prepare. Good Appetite, Yassoo!
Sophia